Wednesday, May 4, 2011

doctor update

Well we had another appointment yesterday afternoon and not much to share since there was no progress. I am still measuring normal but when she checked me I'm no more dilated than "a finger tip" and still 60% effaced. I was a little surprised but told myself going in to not expect anything so I think that helped.

We talked through everything that will happen Monday, which is when she plans to induce me if she does not come before then. Our doctor said of course it could still happen any day between now and then but that she is assuming it will be Monday. I have had some definite labor signs, aside from contractions I have lost my mucous plug, had nausea most every day for the past week or so, have had frequent diharra, and have lost weight this past week.

But the plan is to start my induction at 6am on Monday, which is great - I am so happy we don't have to sit around all day and can just get things going first thing. She explained that she usually starts by breaking my water but if I am no further along than I was yesterday than she will not be able to do that first thing because she can't get to where she needs to in order to do that, so she'd give me a medicine to try and soften the cervix or stimulate dilation. She would then break my water, when she's able, and we'd proceed accordingly after that, whether they'd have to administer another medicine to get or keep things moving or not. Then of course all depending on whether I dilate at all we may still be looking at a c section. She had a slight concern as I basically haven't progressed in 3 weeks that my cervix may be one of those that will just not dilate, or do what it's "suppose to". However, we definitely feel strongly about giving it a chance and "helping" my body through some medicines to try and have a vaginal birth. So, lots will happen on that Monday and she warned us that it can be a very long day but a day we are definitely looking forward to! 5 more days is all - I can do this!

So that's the plan and the update. My parents and sister Jacinda are heading down on Saturday in case she comes over the weekend and if not then they will be here first thing on Monday morning. Jimmy's mom and sister's plans are still in limbo depending on class schedules but there's a good chance they will be here over the weekend too. So that's definitely something I'm looking forward to at the end of the week!

On one hand it's so crazy to believe that this day is actually almost here and on the other I don't know how I can possibly hold this stomach up another day!:) To think that each day that passes this week is our last Monday without having a baby, and yesterday was the last Tuesday, and today is the last Wednesday, etc etc. We can't wait to meet our little baby and share pictures and her NAME with you all!

1 comment:

  1. Keep holding in there Jenna! Baby girl just finds it quite comfy inside you. Maybe she's holding out until Mother's Day, what a great present. If it brings you any comfort I was 10 days late, my mom of course was miserable by the 10th day but I popped out on my own.

    Can't wait to "meet" you guys' beautiful baby girl!

    ReplyDelete