Monday, October 22, 2012

the last baby shower

A few weekends ago my sister, sister in law, and I threw my younger sister a baby shower. This is the final baby shower for the Davis clan (we only throw showers for the first baby) and we had a blast doing it!

My sister is due with their first baby girl December 1st and it was so much fun planning and throwing a shower for her. I love party planning and hosting these types of things! We found a fun theme through various blogs and pinterest and went all out with it. The theme for the party was "ready to pop". So everything had to do with polka dots, balloons, and things that are round and/or pop.

We hung balloons from the ceiling in the food area and on the mantle, my sister made an adorable banner that hung near the food area, and then we used tissue balls as decor throughout as well. We served popcorn chicken, princess popcorn, fruit pops (kabobs), cake pops, snap crackle and pop rice krispie treats, soda pop, and candy that pops - blow pops, bubble gum, and ring pops. We played a few games - balloon belly, which consisted of people have to do various "simple" tasks with a balloon stuffed under their shirt, to resemble pregnancy, of course. And balloon baby, which was people having to blow up a balloon big enough to fit and wear a newborn sized diaper, and then those that were able to complete that task moved onto round 2, which was drawing a baby face on the balloon and Jacinda picked her favorite few faces as the game's winners. We also had calendars for people to guess when baby will come and a baby wishing tree with cards for people to fill out with statements like, I wish for you..... I hope that you will ....... I hope that you will always remember......

Overall it was such a fun day celebrating another new life that will soon enter the world and into our family. That will make 7 grandchildren for my parents and 5 precious nieces and nephews for me. We are so blessed by each little person in our family and I can't imagine our lives without any of them. 

I get so excited when I think about all the joys my sister will soon experience. There are so many things that you simply cannot explain to someone about parenthood until they've experienced it themselves. And I feel so incredibly blessed to know that we will be living close to them and be able to experience life hands on with their new family of 3 as we are moving 2 miles from them next week! I know that this baby and our move is part of God's plan for their and our lives and I am excited to see how we can bless them in these next few years as they embark on parenthood for the first time.  We know this baby girl will forever change your heart and lives.

And unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the day but you can check some out on my sister's blog as she posted a bunch of there....
http://babygardzelewski.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the sweet words...looking forward to the future very much and can't wait to spend lots of time with you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be such a blessing for you guys to be so close. I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I'm jealous. I want to live 2 miles from you both too!:(

    ReplyDelete