Wednesday, April 3, 2013

easter

We had such a fun Easter week and weekend this year. 

We started at home with a few fun Easter activities that included; dying eggs, playing with baby chicks (pretend ones of course), reading Easter books, and coloring Easter pictures.


Then late Thursday night we hit the road to Jimmy's parents and spent the next few days there. Friday Jimmy was able to spend the day helping his dad on the farm while I worked on my first sewing project!, and Grandma and aunts got lots of play time with the kids. Friday night we had our Easter dinner with Jimmy's family, followed by an Easter egg hunt and a movie night. Saturday morning was spent hanging out and then after lunch we hit the road to my parents for the rest of the weekend.


The Saturday afternoon plan was to join my family at a local farmers open house that was basically like a petting zoo for the little ones but due to the rain, Lily falling asleep in the car on the way, and Preston being on medicine for a cold we decided to forgo the outdoor adventure and head right to my parents place. They arrived shortly after us and then we hit up a local favorite, Peppers for dinner with my brother and his family. Sunday morning we went to church with my family and then had a yummy Easter dinner with some extended relatives as well. Another Easter egg hunt and a final stop at my brothers place to see their new baby goats helped us wrap up the weekend. 


Then it was back home to get unpacked, do laundry, get ourselves resettled for a few days and then Jimmy and I are off to Cancun and the kiddos to Grandpa and Grandma's! This is our first time away overnight from Preston and we have only left Lily one time for one night so it is much needed - hopefully I won't think about that too much and we can enjoy ourselves and the warmer weather!!

I had trouble keeping my pictures in order so they are out of place....



Grandpa & Grandma Davis with Preston (6M), Lily (23M), and Paisley (4M) 

Jimmy & I with little man

Lily playing pin the tail on the bunny

Dying Easter eggs at home

The finished product

Helping mommy make Easter egg rice krispy treats

Easter egg hunt at Grandpa & Grandma Grover's

Little man getting in on the action

Our Family of 4







No comments:

Post a Comment