Friday, April 19, 2013

7 months old

Preston turned 7 months old this week. I'm always so shocked at the things they do and how quickly they grow month to month at this age. Our youngest niece Paisley is just a few months younger than Preston and it's so fun to watch her do things just as Preston is figuring out and trying something new.

We didn't have a doctor's visit this past month so I'm unsure on weight and length. He is wearing mostly 9M clothes now and most of his late spring and summer things I'm assuming will have to be 12M. 


He has tried lots and lots of new foods this month and seems to like just about everything. He is becoming less and less interested in his bottles and always whines during meal times if we aren't giving him anything. I am making his baby food like I did for Lily because really it's just so darn easy to do and I like knowing exactly what he's eating. Foods he's had so far include; avocado, banana, puffs, yogurt meals, sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, apples, and pears. He's also had little bites of yogurt, cherrios and crackers at times. He's still drinking a bottle every 4 hours or so except in the night as he now sleeps through the night!


Sleeping we have really gotten him a good routine and one that is working well for us all. He naps between 9:30 and 10am every morning and sleeps for at least 2 hours. He then lays down in the afternoon between 2:30 and 3pm and sleeps a little bit shorter, usually an hour or an hour and a half. Then he's down for bed between 8 and 8:30pm and asleep until 6:30 or 7 am the next morning.


Right after I got back from Chicago we decided to let him cry it out and after a few rough nights it is so much better. He is sleeping through the night which I know equates to better sleep for him, and for us! 


Other new things for him include; reaching to be held - LOVE!, rolling all over the place to get to certain toys, going up on his knees when on all fours, playing peek-a-boo with a blanket, making lots of baba and mama sounds, tons and tons of drool but no teeth yet - I can see the bottom two peaking through, feeding himself puffs or other small foods, and feeding himself his bottle.


He continues to be a happy and sweet baby that loves attention and lots of loving. I often get frustrated when he cries if I leave a room but remember that they are that way for such a short amount of time that I need to just embrace it and love on him as much as I possibly can! He loves to laugh at his sissy and continues to brighten our lives with joy. We truly can't imagine our life without him and we thank God every single day that we get to call him our son!




still rockin' those chubby legs!


smiley boy


cool dude


1 comment:

  1. I know I say this all the time but this sweet lil guy seriously has one of the sweetest smiles ever! I think he's starting to look more and more like Lily lately. Can't wait to squeeze those thunder thighs in June!!!!

    ReplyDelete