Thursday, May 9, 2013

man to man

Since having 2 little ones running around new routines have been established. And as any one with kids knows, it seems as soon as you have something down, it changes. A new sleep pattern occurs, one stops napping, one is teething, etc etc. Regardless of this continuous change, I am really enjoying our current routine. The way the kiddos currently wake up, nap, and go down, allow for some quality one on one time that I am really enjoying.

Preston usually wakes up between 6:30 and 7am. I wake up between 4:30 and 5am to get in my morning workout and devotion time and that love hearing those little coos on the monitor as he awakes.  Lily usually doesn't wake up until 8 or 8:30am so this gives Preston and I a few hours of time alone in the mornings. I have begun to love the mornings. It always seems to be a bit more quiet, we play on the floor with toys, I read him books - while he attempts to eat them, I change his diaper and feed him, and genuinely enjoy that extra snuggle time of talking and playing with just him. 

Then comes nap time and my time alone with Lily. Preston lays down for a morning nap between 9:30 and 10am and is usually down for a few hours, which gives Lily and I some time to play. We've been using this time to do fun things like paint, sing silly songs and dance around, paint finger nails, play with her kitchen and/or dolls, play "groceries" and do things that are just a bit harder to do when Preston is awake. Now of course some days I use this time to catch up on things around the house but I really try to make an effort to just be present with her during this time, because I feel like Preston tends to get a little more attention than she does (due to age) when he's awake.

In the afternoon when they both nap - or have quiet time - as Lily has been napping less and less lately is when I have some time to myself. Whether that means dinner prep, washing dishes, doing laundry, catching up on email/blog, or reading a book and relaxing - yeah right! I enjoy this time of the day too!

As night time rolls around and Daddy joins us at home we are able to have a little more alone time with Lily too as Preston goes to bed a bit earlier than she does. She is our little night owl and usually stays up, or rolls around in bed, until we go to bed - just like her Daddy!

Just wanted to remember by documenting these quiet, playful, special moments that I am so much enjoying these days with each of my kiddos - enjoy your day!

me and little man

playing with snow inside

painting finger nails - she LOVES it!

my buddy

good morning



1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures of you with your smiley littles. They are soooo sweet. Love the facelift the blog got too with the new pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete