Wednesday, May 15, 2013

happy birthday lily

On Friday our little girl turns 2!! I literally remember this day two years ago as if it were yesterday. I remember visiting with our family that was there once I had gotten my epidural, watching dancing with the stars as we waited and waited, I remember watching them jealously as they ate their dinner while I nibbled away on ice chips - ha!. I remember praying for progress and praying for the strength I would need once I heard that magical number 10 - if only I knew that what I was praying for would also be the most difficult and physically painful thing I've ever done. What I also remember is the look on Jimmy's face as he saw our precious daughter for the first time. And oh the relief once she was in my arms - I will never forget that first look she gave me. Such special memories!

And now she is 2. She runs instead of walks, she talks and talks and talks some more, she eats everything we eat, she loves dolls, shoes and purses. She wears 2T clothes and wears size 7 shoes. Where does the time go?!


Other things I want to remember she does at age 2 are; counts to 10, knows her ABC's, loves to sing and can sing several songs, watches herself play and sing in the fireplace, "reads" books - and often times prefers she reads them to us than we read to her, she plays alone really well, she loves to watch movies - some of her current favorites are Rio, Lorax, Tangled, Curious George, and a Turtles movie at Grandma Grovers, she loves to run in circles, she loves to be outside playing with a ball, doing sidewalk chalk, watering the flowers, and playing with bubbles. 


She is still near the top of the charts on height and weight. She weighs 28 lbs and is 35 inches tall.


Other great news that came with her turning 2 is that the 4-5mm hole in her heart, known as an ASD, has now closed! She had an echocardiogram and after meeting with the cardiologist we are thrilled to say we will no longer have to see him as it closed at some point during this year. This is truly a praise God that we prayed so hard for and are incredibly thankful for the news!


We spent Lily's birthday doing a few fun things just with our family. She awoke to balloons on the floor of her bedroom then enjoyed a special birthday breakfast of sprinkled chocolate donut holes - she loved them and was pretty excited because she's never had a donut :) We then met Jimmy for lunch at a local BBQ place and after lunch we were off to the bouncy house jumpy place (her words) and her choice! After the jumpy place she napped for a bit and that afternoon/evening she opened her presents form Jimmy and I. This year we gave her the Little People Princess Castle, a little pretend cash register, and a cupcake necklace for her cupcake themed birthday party! My parents came into town that night and we enjoyed dinner at home, complete with cake and ice cream of course! 


What a special day with a very special little girl. We celebrated another blessed year full of laughter, love, and so much joy as each year truly is a blessing - you never know how many you will get and I try to remind myself daily to cherish each and every moment with these sweet babies! 


A post on her birthday party details to come :)



thumbs up for her donut

playing with her balloons

fun at the bouncy house

big slide

loves her new princess castle


cheese with her cake

sneaking a taste :)





No comments:

Post a Comment