Wednesday, September 18, 2013

grateful

Do you ever feel an overwhelming sense of complete gratitude? I felt that so vividly this morning as I held my son in the quiet hours of the morning, after my yoga workout as he had just awoke. Then later on in the morning as I got down on the floor and just played with my kids. I didn't think about the dishes that were still in the sink from last night, the laundry on the table that needed to be folded, or the half emptied totes of fall/winter clothes that needed to be put away in place of their summer clothes - I just played. I listened to their giggles, I let them roll around on top of me and hit me all over with toy drumsticks, and I was present. 

God is so very good. This life is so full of struggles, emptiness, and evil sin but in light of it all he gives us moments like I had today and I'm so grateful. Never have I ever done anything to deserve being called mommy by my two precious gifts but he gave them to me anyways. 

And I am eternally grateful.


1 comment: