Monday, December 12, 2011

7 months

On Saturday our baby turned 7 months old!


Putting away this last batch of clothes is the first time I've actually been sad in realizing how fast she really is growing up. She is learning new things every day and each stage seems more fun than the last.


This last month she has learned so much. She started eating food and loving it. We held off on feeding her any food until 6 months and she has done great. We started with rice cereal and bananas. Since then she has had sweet potatoes, carrots, avocado, apples, pears, puffs, and yogurt. Her favorites are banana and yogurt.


She still fits in some 6-9 months but is mostly wearing 9 month and 12 month clothes. She really didn't gain any weight this month, weighing in at 20 lbs 6 oz and not sure of her length, but I can definitely tell she is getting longer but not much heavier. But don't worry she still has the chubby legs and cheeks that we love to koose on!!


Other fun things she's learned this month is sitting up from her back, rolling around like crazy, standing up on things, waving, playing "piano", curling her tongue, moving in her crib, pulling up her crib bumper, and "hissing". She enjoyed her 1st thanksgiving and her 1st visit to Santa as well.

I am really looking forward to Christmas with her this year. I wrote a post last year and plan to write another post sharing some of my thoughts this Christmas but I really feel like Christmas takes on a whole new meaning once you are pregnant and/or have a child. The sacrifice God made by sending His only son to die for us is incredible, and I absolutely cannot imagine being in Mary's shoes and birthing the Savior of the World in a barn!

So that's our month in a nutshell - every day we love her more and more and I can't imagine our lives without her.

Lily -
You are the joy of our heart. Your laughter, smile, giggles, playfulness, reaching arms, chubby legs, and sweet breathe (every time I smell your breathe it reminds me of the instant you were put on my chest, it smells the same!) are some of my favorite things. Your dady and I love you so very much and we can't wait to share our lives with you and watch you continue to grow. We pray for you every single day and tell you every day how much we love you and show much Jesus loves you. May you always know the love that overflows in our hearts for you! Happy 7 months sweet sweet girl!








3 comments:

  1. Lily appears to be one of the happiest babies ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lily, your mama is right.. You're growing up so fast! I love spending so much time with you and am so thankful that I get to be a part of your learning and new experiences! I was so excited to become an aunt and knew I'd love it.. But I never knew just how much I'd love it and how much you'd mean to me. You are the sweetest baby and as much as I wish you'd stay a baby forever, I can't wait to see who you become.
    Jimmy and Jenna, you two are wonderful parents and Lily is so lucky to have you, she will always be so loved. You guys sure did make a beautiful baby =] Love you all bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I can still see those chubby leg rolls...don't ever loose those sweet little one! She has the most precious smile and seems to love showing it off. You guys are so lucky to have a such a sweet, happy little sweetie. Just 16 more days and I'll get my hands on her!:)

    ReplyDelete