Tuesday, January 10, 2012

deck the halls

I love decorating for Christmas. This year is the first in a long time that I felt like I could go all out. Last year in Springfield we decorated but not everything since we knew we'd be back in Iowa for majority of our Christmas break. And previous years was the same story - always traveling back for the holidays. But this year I went all out and add touches of Christmas to almost every room. I love it. I love the bright Christmas colors and all the fun things you can do with decorations  by simply altering the decor you already have around your house. Here's some pictures of our Christmas deocrations this year!


the outside - i wanted lights on all the peaks but my husband didn't want to die attempting


my tulle wreath and present pots (pinterest idea)

little touches

BIG evergreen wreath between informal and formal dining room

nativity - we got this as a gift for our wedding, awesome wedding gift!

the mantle - my favorite part!

our little but colorful christmas tree - we will see if i convince Jimmy to get a real one next year!

informal dining area

more little touches

Lily's tree in her bathroom
 
staircase of christmas cards - another pinterest idea!


formal dining room

downstairs landing


gift from my sister that she made - love it!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE all the decorations! Love your mantel with the cute little garland...you'll have to see what I decided to do with mine next week!:) Can't wait!!!!!

    ReplyDelete