Monday, June 18, 2012

summer summer summer time

It's no secret that I LOVE summer time - the hot weather, the longer days, the pool, running in the heat, the farmers market, trips to the lake, grilling out, movies at the park, getting together with friends, weekend trips, and so many other things.

However, this summer is proving to be a bit different. Being 7 months pregnant and having Jimmy gone about 80% of the time so far thus summer has given me some new challenge.

While we've still made several trips to the pool, spent long afternoons playing outside, gone to the lake a few times and spent a few weekends away. BUT running in the heat has only happened a few times on those milder mornings, we've only made it to the farmers market once, the trips to the lake are minus all the fun stuff for me - skiing, tubing, and jet skiing, and we have yet to make it to a movie in the park (there's only been 1 to date, to my credit:). So while summer may be a bit different amongst our different circumstances I am still love loving it.

This time with my sweet sweet girl is priceless but life without Jimmy makes some days seem endless and just flat out wears me out. I definitely have a whole new appreciation for single parents and it's become so clear to me why God intended parenthood for two. We are all ready for this season of travel for Jimmy to come to an end - and it will soon! We are down to his finally trips away and then we have lots to complete before baby boy joins our little family! I am very quickly realizing how soon our family will forever change and we will no longer be spending all our time and energy on just one precious baby but two!
playing in the sprinkler

bath time

corn on the cob

modeling her new life jacket

all worn out and snuggled up

No comments:

Post a Comment