Monday, June 11, 2012

weekend projects

We have accomplished our fair share of projects lately. In the limited time that Jimmy and I have had together in the last few months we have optimized our weekends by completing several to-do's and homemade projects. One of these last few weekends we tackled a revamping of some dining room chairs, painting the baby's room, a canvas art project for baby's room, and making a headboard for our new king size bed! That was a lot to tackle in one weekend but we succeeded and I think they all turned out great!

We've had a small dining room table that fits perfectly between our kitchen and living room for quite some time and I primarily use it as my decorations table - topping it with different centerpieces, place mats, plates, napkins, etc. However, just recently we've actually started using it to eat on - who'd have thought?! So I thought the beige colored chair cushions could use a revamp and with a little fabric, time, and staples here's what we came up with!

Next on the list was for Jimmy to paint little man's room while I worked on a canvas art project for his wall decor. We decided on a sky blue, got the paint, I helped him tape things off, and he begun the paint job. Meanwhile I worked on covering 3 canvases with different fabrics to create some art work for his room. I LOVE the patterns and colors in them and absolutely cannot wait to put together the details of his room. His room has a fairly modern theme with several different colors and patterns that uniquely all fit together - at least I'm hoping they do! And I must say Jimmy did a fantastic job painting this room all by himself!

And the last project on our list for the weekend was to create a two piece headboard for our new king size bed. We replaced a queen size bed so we could no longer use our headboard but like our other bedroom furniture so we figured we could come up with something on our own. After finding some fabric I loved we creatively came up with an idea of mounting the fabric to the back of two oversized picture frames - after removing the glass and backing - and viola! I really love the fabric and the way they look and am anxious to actually get them mounted above our bed - I will have to post a picture of that once it's all put together.

So that's what we've been working on lately - we've been quite crafty in our free time, I guess. I really enjoy creating things for our room, especially together. These were some fun projects and ones I am glad are complete!

I'll have to come back with the pictures - for some reason it's not working.....

1 comment: