Tuesday, September 25, 2012

life lately

Undoubtedly our life has looked different the last few weeks. With the addition of a new family member, discovering our routine as a family of 4, figuring out how to be a stay at home mama of 2 sweet babies, Jimmy learning about and getting into the swing of things in a new job, harvest time which means Jimmy is back at his parents place as often as possible, oh yeah and on top of this trying to sell our house and lining things up in our soon to be new hometown of Ankeny. To say we've had a lot going on the last few weeks may be a slight understatement.

However, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I truly enjoy and thrive off of change. While I enjoy a routine, change keeps things interesting and keeps me on my toes. Although I may not have signed up for this much change at one time, it's ok and we are adapting.

Yesterday was my first day home alone with Preston and Lily. Why is it that a 2 week old baby and 16 month old toddler can scare us so much? For whatever reason I had a lot of anxious feelings about this day. What if they are both crying at once? What if I'm feeding Preston - which I feel like I'm doing ALL THE TIME! - and Lily needs something, or gets hurt, or needs her diaper changed, etc etc? What if I go crazy in the house all day because I'm too scared to venture out and actually do something? What if someone stops by and I haven't showered and am still in my PJs? What if, what if, what if.

The reality of it is all those things may happen and it's ok. Yesterday came and went and was relatively uneventful. We played inside in the morning with coloring books, baby dolls, building blocks, and the ipad, enjoyed a little lunch before nap time, then headed outside in the afternoon to enjoy the beautiful weather. And I proved to myself that I can handle this mom of 2 thing :)

As for other news - let me bring you up to date. I think I blogged about Jimmy getting a new job, didn't I? Well if not, Jimmy got a new job as a Operations Project Manager of a new Sprayer facility in Ankeny. So while his job was technically effective September 15th he will be traveling back and forth and working from home in the next month or so until we close on our house. Which is my next point, we bought a house. Now while I haven't actually seen the house because why would I want to do that?! we close on a new construction home in NE Ankeny on October 26th. So now we just have to sell our house here!


Here's the link to our house if you know anyone in the market!
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5505-Applewood-Ln-Cedar-Falls-IA-50613/76671826_zpid/


Harvest - I must have mentioned at some point previously that Jimmy and I are farming a farm this year. We took over one of his dad's farms when he had the opportunity for some more land and this is our first year doing it. Which means Jimmy likes to, and needs to, get back to help whenever he can - especially during planting and harvest time. We have all gone with him a few times and Lily loves riding in the combine - so sweet!

So that's about it for now. I am enjoying these slower and seemingly lazy days at home with our little family of 4 as we figure out how to do life together and what our new routine and normal will look like. Those 2 little faces are the most precious thing and when we are just laying on the floor reading a book together or giggling at a silly song those are the moments that melt my heart and I know I will cherish forever.
cool girl rockin the shades

our little man sleeping away

:)

trying to figure out what mommy does with this pump thing

who doesn't wear boots, pj pants, and a bib?

kisses for brother



4 comments:

  1. Aw I love the picture of Lily with her arm on Preston, so precious. Been thinking about you guys during this busy time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is true you do have a lot going on in life right now. Even though newborns are hard work I totally understand loving the slower pace that comes along with the adjustment of a new family member. That picture of Lily with her arm around Little Man reading to him...melts my heart and brings tears to my eyes!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet life Jenna. I can tell that you know it too and are appreciating it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jenna! So happy for you in this season. I relate all too well with our last year of moving right after Norah was born. It has been a really sweet season of Gods nearness, a true "I need thee every hour" kind of year. Which is always good for the soul. I have a feeling it will be that kind of year for you as well. Hang in there, life is fluid.

    ReplyDelete