Monday, September 10, 2012

tomorrow

Tomorrow is the day. The day we will meet our son.

It's hard to believe how quickly our world will change in just one day by just one event - in that one moment when we see and hold our precious boy!

So many people have asked me if I'm excited, scared, ready, feeling sad about Lily, etc. and honestly I have a hard time answering. I'm not entirely sure what I'm feeling - a little of all those things I suppose. 

I am SO ready to have this baby. Physically and mentally it's time. I am a little scared about the day and the process of being induced as I've experienced it before and I remember it all. I am so excited to meet out little man and experience life as a family of 4. I feel a little sad about Lily but at the same time we have had a wonderful last few weeks really spending some special time with just her, doing some things we've been wanting to do with her throughout the summer, and I know that she will adore her little brother and be such a wonderful big sister. I am excited to see her in that role. Yes I am scared when I think about the work that 2 children bring compared to 1 and when I think about doing things and going places by myself. Yes I am scared when I think about how young Lily is and how that, in itself, will be a challenge. However, every mother that has even gone from 1 to 2 has experienced these emotions, in some capacity. No one knows what 2 children looks like until they have them. No one knows how their first child will react, change, and grow when you bring another home and into their life. So while yes, I am scared of some of these things I absolutely know I can handle it. Jimmy and I always knew we wanted more than 1 child so....here goes :)

Lily May - may you always remember how dearly loved and adored you are, no matter what. You will always always have a special place in my heart as my first born and the one that made me a mom. I can't wait to watch your little personality continue to grow, change, and develop as these new things happen around you. May our family and our home always be a place that you feel safe, welcomed, cherished, and loved unconditionally. We love you!

1 comment:

  1. Here he comes! Lily will be a wonderful big sister. I just know she will love him to pieces!:)

    ReplyDelete