Friday, March 1, 2013

5 min makeup

Since having Preston I've had to learn ways to make my getting ready routine a little bit quicker. I seem to have less time and less sleep but that doesn't mean I have to compromise the way I look. However, it does mean I have to figure out a way to get myself ready quicker.

Aside from taking showers during nap or at night time, opposed to the morning, which I was doing after I had Lily, for the most part, I have figured out a daily make up routine that literally takes me 5 minutes and I thought I'd share it with you.

This is what I do 90% of the time now unless I am going somewhere special for the day and/or have a date night with the hubs. Otherwise, this is it folks. These 8 items are all I need to make this face presentable. 



From top to bottom here's what the products are, they are listed in the order that I use them as well:
1. Revlon Photoready BB Cream - have you heard of this stuff (BB Cream)? It's the latest in the make up world and it's fantastic! It's a moisturizer and concealer in one and I love it. I use the light/medium, you just pick your skin type and it matches your skin tone naturally - LOVE!
2. Bare Minerals Matte Finish Foundation (Fairly Medium is the color I use) - I have used this product for years and love it. It gives you great coverage yet a very light feeling on your face.
3. Last part of my base is Bare Minerals Bronzer in Warmth - again I've used this product for years and really like it.
4. Then onto the eyes - I start with a eye shadow stick - have you tried these? This is Covergirl Smokey Shadow Blast. I either use that stick or Bare Minerals eyeshadow in Cashmere color. I like both of these eyeshadows and may prefer the Bare Minerals just a tad bit more.
5. I then use black eyeliner on my bottom lid only. I use Maybelline Define a Line in black.
6. Then mascara to finish off my eyes. The tip I always have with mascara is keep applying - apply several layers to get a great look. I'm not drawn to one mascara over another, I tend to try different brands/types often. The one I am currently using is Loreal Voluminous Million Lashes.
7. And the last step is a simple gloss. I like all Victoria Secret's lip glosses the best - this one happens to be the Mint Beauty Rush in a tub. Good good stuff!

And that's it, it literally takes 5 minutes and I like the natural yet finished look it creates. Hope this gives you a few tips!

And here's a picture of the finished product.........









No comments:

Post a Comment