Monday, August 29, 2011

10 years

This weekend was a busy one!


We had Jimmy's 10 year high school reunion, a bachelor party for Jimmy to go to, and a eco-triathalon that my mom and Jimmy signed up for. That's a lot going on in one weekend!


Friday night started by us heading back to Independence (where Jimmy grew up and went to school) to drop off Lily and meet up for night #1 of his reunion. Friday night they were getting together at a local bar so we thought we'd leave Lily with Grandma Grover and head that way for a bit. I think Jimmy really enjoyed catching up with several of his classmates while I hungout and made a few friends myself :) We decided to stay at Jimmy's parents that night so we weren't driving back and forth so we headed that way for him to drop me off before heading out to the bachelor party. He ended up getting home around 3:30am and of course our little one awoke nice and early at 6:30! I was pretty adament about not getting up just yet so I laid her in bed with us and next thing I knew she woke us all up again and it was almost 10am so it was nice to get a little extra sleep that morning! We enjoyed breakfast with his family and catching up with them in the morning Saturday before heading downtown Independence to the next part of the reunion. There was a local brew and BBQ event in town so they decided to have a tent at that event for the afternoon and evening. We brought Lily with us as we thought it'd be nice to introduce her to some of his old friends. She was a little ham, like usual, for most of the afternoon before I took her back to Grandma Grover's about 8pm so that we could have some more time out. We ended up heading over to another local bar after the event wrapped up and got back to CF just after 1am on Saturday.

So needless to say it was an early early morning for Jimmy and I - especially Jimmy on Sunday for his 1st eco tri (the eco tri will have it's own post so I'll spare the details here).

It was a really fun weekend and I can't believe I've been out of high school 9 years and Jimmy 10 already! Where does the time go? Events like this just stir up so many questions - are you where you thought you'd be after 10 years? Are you happy? Do you miss high school? Who has changed the most since high school? Who looks the best? Questions kept running through my head (and out loud) all weekend as I thought about them from Jimmy's perspective as well as mine and where I'll be next year at our 10 year class reunion.

High school was such a fun time for me. Filled with tons of great memories, friends, sports - and just being care free! When I think about where I thought I'd be in 10 years after high school I think I'm pretty close to there. I may have imagined a few more kiddos:) and maybe living on a beach but I'd say life is pretty darn good.

And here is the only picture I took from the reunion (bummer) - Jimmy and his good friend Mitch!


No comments:

Post a Comment