Monday, September 12, 2011

4 months

Lily May was 4 months on Saturday!


This month is feels like she's grown so much and is doing so many new things. She continue to be the joy of my day and I feel so so blessed that I am home with her.

She is still topping the charts (over them actually) in the weight category:) She now weighs 17 lbs 8oz and is 24.5 inches tall, compared to her 3 month stats of 15 lbs 11 oz and her 2 month height of 22.5 inches (didn't get her length at 3 months!). So, she's growing and healthy and extra chubby - just how we like them!

New things this month are laughing - her sweet little giggles are almost daily and they just melt my heart every time! She is still teething, the drool just runs like a faucet all day long but no teeth have popped through yet - hopefully soon. She arches her back quite frequently when she's mad, doesn't want to lay down, or when putting her in her car seat. She is always wanting to stand - she has strong little legs and will stand while holding onto fingers for a very long time before taking a seat. She found her toes and plays with them all the time - when I'm changing her diaper, when she's laying on the floor, whenever she can reach those little things :) She has definitely become more interested in toys and while she was grabbing them last month I've really noticed a difference in the amount she actually plays with them this month. I also put her in a bouncer gym? not sure what you'd call it - picture below, for the first time. This one is piggy backed off another first - I brought her to a church nursery while attending a moms group (MOPS) which was her first time going into a nursery and they put her right in that so I put her in ours at home and she loves it!  I think that's most of her firsts for this month!

She is wearing mostly 3-6M clothing, some 6M and even a few things that are 6-9M. I have pretty much boxed up all her summer stuff and she's now wearing fall things - so cute! I can't wait to bust out her little pink Ugg boots!

Her sleep pattern is the same, for the most part. The last week or so she's been a bit of a stinker and has waken up around 4-5am, I feed her and try to put her back down but she's wide awake and just crys and crys when I leave the room. So, we've given in and let her sleep with us after that morning wake up. I'm hoping this ends soon or else I may have to read up on some suggestions for things to try.

Other than that she just continues to be her happy, easy going self. She is so so lovable and the best parts of my days are kissing on her, playing with her, and figuring out how to be her mama! Jimmy has had to work long long hours for the last few weeks so we are anxiously awaiting a break for him and for us too. We are heading to Denver on Friday to see my sister and I can't wait. My nephew is getting dedicated so Lily and I (and maybe Jimmy) are heading there for the weekend. My brother in law, Ivan, hasn't met Lily yet so we are looking forward to that as well as introducing her to Jimmy's aunt, uncle, and cousins that live in Colorado Springs. They are going to drive up and join us for dinner on Sunday night so they will meet Lily too!

That's all for now - and here's pictures from our 4 month shoot as well as a little video of her showing of her little attitude - enjoy!:)

just because she won't sit sometimes - here's one of her standing:)







Sorry some of those are upside down - can't figure out how to change them!
playing with her "new" toy
And a video :)

3 comments:

  1. Someone looked a little sleepy in the video :) I can't wait for her to bust out the Uggs either...stinkin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not wait to get my hands on her!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that bow...it's adorable! Can't wait to see you guys in THREE days!!!!

    ReplyDelete