Monday, February 7, 2011

28 weeks - 7 months - 3rd trimester

The home stretch! The countdown is on! I know I say it all the time but I really can’t believe how close it’s getting now. In just 8 weeks I’ll be full term and in 12 weeks (or less) she will be here!
The two words that best describe the way I’m feeling right now is uncomfortable and unprepared.
Uncomfortable because literally it seems like overnight I went from feeling relatively no to little change from my pre pregnancy self to everything feeling like such a feat to accomplish. Tying my shoes, drying off my bottom half after a shower, standing up from sitting, bending over, working out, or even walking seems difficult! This weekend while I was working out I really noticed a difference – one of my workouts is the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred which is strength, cardio, and abs – well while going to attempt pushups my belly kept hitting the ground before I had barely exerted my arm muscles, and then while moving into the abs portion of the workout I decided I’d just march in place instead – march in place, really?! I’m I 80 – haha! I just had to chuckle to myself and pat myself on the back for at least doing something, right?!
And unprepared because I feel like we are just in limbo. While we have all of the stuff for her room we are not putting it together because we don’t know where we may be living! While this could be a very good thing for us, because we may be moving closer to family before the baby gets here, it’s a bit nerve racking as well! I am definitely a planner; I love to-do lists, agendas, and plans to be in place. So, this in between time is definitely challenging my patience and my “go with the flow” attributes, or lack thereof! While the thought of physically moving doesn’t stress me out much because we work for a company that takes care of all that it’s the other stuff that makes me nervous. Finding and switching to a new doctor, selling our house, finding and buying a new one, and getting things in place prior to little miss arrives. A bit overwhelming – huh?! But, as I write this and the anxious feelings arise I trust that God knows better than us what He is planning and if that means we move, we move. After all, baby girl won’t know the difference between coming home to a beautiful nursery or a hotel room – rightJ?! So for now we will continue to pray as we wait for a response on a job and enjoy the calm before the stormJ
Other than those biggies not much else has been on my mind. I love to feel her move every day and I’m getting better at talking to her throughout the day. I was having a hard time with this at first, just feeling weird, not knowing if she actually heard my voice, or better yet, knew what the heck I was saying. But, I’ve read that communicating with your child for both parents is an important thing – so I’m working on itJ
We also have our last 4 week appointment tomorrow before they switch to every 2 weeks. We will have another ultrasound to see if our doctor can get an image of her spine as well as check her position – my guess is she is still breech! She’s already disobeying daddy as he tells her every night during their little “chats” that she needs to turn aroundJ I also have my glucola test, which tests for gestational diabetes, tomorrow. Lets hope I can choke the sugary drink down without any problems and that my test comes back normal! I’ve been encouraged to read that your sugar intake doesn’t really have anything to do with the results of the test – it’s more how your body processes it. Which is good because lets be honest, I like my sugarJ
Alrighty – that’s all for today. I’ll keep you posted on the glucola test and her ultrasound.
My weekly email tell me she’s still the size of an eggplant, here’s the description and my 7 month photo – enjoy and happy MondayJ
Baby's now the size of an eggplant!
Baby's lungs are mature enough that, if born right now, she has a pretty good chance of surviving (with help from medical technology). Her skin is still pretty wrinkly (one byproduct of living in amniotic fluid) but will smoothen as fat continues to deposit.
28 weeks, 7 months - taken Feb 6, 2011

2 comments:

  1. oh my word, you all are moving?! I pray that it all works out smoothly Jenna. And girl, you sport the bump with style. And, you're still working out, your my inspiration for that one day when I am preggers. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are too sweet krislyn - not feeling too stylish these days:) and yes we may be moving, our life is crazy! hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete