Monday, February 21, 2011

30 weeks

It’s been a rather uneventful week on the pregnancy front. I am feeling about the same as before in terms of comfort, maybe a little bit better, but I have noticed some swelling starting to set in. My wedding ring is getting tight and most of my shoes feel like they are squishing my feet! I made the mistake of doing a little shopping yesterday and after a few hours of walking around I don’t think my feet had ever hurt that bad – even after my marathon!
My Braxton Hick contractions continue and I usually feel them on a daily basis now. I can’t believe how hard my stomach gets when they are happening!
We have also noticed that little girl seems to be most active late at night and throughout the night – this better not mean that’s when she plans to be awakeJ
A new “experience” for us this past week was the breast pump. I had ordered mine and received it so one night I thought I should get it out, took at look at it, and see what I needed to figure out. Lets just say the whole pumping thing is going to be an interesting experience and one I’m not quite sure about yetJ………
We continue to read to her most every night. We finished up a bedtime Bible stories book last week so I started reading her Charlotte’s Web last night. That was my favorite book when I was little and I remember my Grandma Dieken giving it to me for a birthday gift one year – I must have read that book 100 times growing up. I’ve always saved that book, hoping that one day I would read it to my little girl and she could have it for her own, and now she willJ
When looking at a calendar this weekend I couldn’t believe how soon she will be here and all the things that may occur between now and then. We are still waiting to hear on Jimmy’s job and each week that passes I can’t help but think that’s one less week of house hunting, moving preparations, visits with the new doctor we will have, etc. However, I also know that this is nothing we can change and my stress and impatience won’t change anything about the circumstance. So, while it’s easier said than done I am trying to remain calm and do everything I can on our end in preparation for a possible move!
That’s all for this week. Little girl remains about the size of a squash.

Baby's now the size of a squash!
As baby's skin smoothes out, her brain just keeps getting more wrinkled. All those grooves and indentations increase surface area, meaning more room for that oh-so-essential brain tissue. She's also adding some brawn -- her grip is now strong enough to grasp a finger.

No comments:

Post a Comment