Thursday, February 24, 2011

weekend recap

Better late than never right? Since I use this as my “journal” I want to try and always recap our weekends and am just getting to it for this past weekend. Since Eureka Springs we’ve intentionally left our weekends open in cause we need to do some house hunting sometime soon! So we enjoyed another weekend of bumming around our house.
Friday night we were going to head out but decided to order wings and stay put for the night instead, I even twisted his arm into renting SecretariatJ
Saturday we slept in. Man I will miss that when baby girl gets here! Actually, funny story, Jimmy told me he woke up and got out of bed about 7am or so to do some things, then quickly realized he’s not going to have the option of staying in bed late much longer so he came back to bed for a few more hoursJ I used Saturday to do some things around the house and started thinking about a baby shower I’m throwing my bf in a month or so. That afternoon Jimmy and I took a long walk and spent some time outside doing some yard clean up and cleaning our vehicles, much needed! Once again we debated heading out on Saturday but opted for ordering a pizza, watching UNI basketball on TV, and snuggling on the couch instead.
Sunday we headed to church, grabbed some lunch, and then I was off for some shopping. I wanted to get the things I needed for my friend’s baby shower as well as do a little browsing. I was able to get everything I needed for the shower, a few things for myself, a skirt for baby, and grocery shop. The rest of that afternoon I put together decorations, games and prizes for the shower and felt I had accomplished quite a bit.
It’s funny how during weekends like these I tend to get “bored” and don’t like to just bum around but, when I look back I think about how much I enjoy the calm in our lives right now. I think for so many years I’ve been used to the hustle and bustle of weekend plans and trips, traveling here or there, that it’s the normalcy that seems exceptional to me. Jimmy and I keep reminding ourselves that this may be the calm before the storm and that we need to truly enjoy every moment we have together, just the 2 of us, while it’s still just the 2 of us. So, again I remind myself after weekends like these to just enjoy Jimmy, even if we are just going for a walk through the neighborhood or laying on the couch watching basketball because it’s moments like these that I will be longing for 10 years from now, heck, probably 2 years from nowJ

No comments:

Post a Comment