Monday, February 14, 2011

29 weeks

11 weeks to go! I meant to pop back on after our appointment last week for an update on our ultrasound and glucola test but forgot so we will start there.
We had another ultrasound last week in hopes of getting a good picture of her full spine and it was finally a success. The tech was able to get the pictures our doctor was looking for and everything looked great. It was so fun to see her once again and I can’t get over how big she looks! Her position was still breech(ish). It looked like she’s moved a little bit but her head is still towards the top. The plan is to not do anything until week 34 (only 5 weeks away), at that point our doctor will check her position during my appointment and determine if she is breech or not. If she is our plan is to try an acupuncture treatment in hopes of getting her to turn, but if not, go ahead with a scheduled c-section. We talked to my doctor quite a bit about a manual adjustment or other options for turning her; we value her experience and advice and came to that plan based on her thoughts as well as ours. I am totally at peace with whatever happens. While I would love to experience a natural child birth I am not going to be discouraged if it doesn’t happen that way this time around. Our desire is for her to get here safely no matter how that happens.
We also had my glucola test and man that stuff is nasty! I really didn’t think it would be that bad but I think their attempt to make it a flavor is what makes it so nasty. I had to drink the sugar drink, wait an hour, and then have my blood drawn. They told me I’d hear within 2 days if things were abnormal and that if we didn’t hear anything then everything was ok. Our appointment as Tuesday and I have not heard from the doctor so I’m assuming everything was normal. I had no reason to believe otherwise but am glad this is the case as it makes the remainder of my pregnancy less complicated, so I hear. So, we are thankful for a good test result.
On another note we determined a name for our little peanut over the weekend and we both LOVE it. We’ve had a laundry list of names we liked for quite a while and have favored a few, but we settled in on one and a middle name as well. We also have decided we will leave that to be a surprise upon her arrival for everyone else. So family, you can stop asking, we aren’t telling until she’s hereJ We have to leave something a surprise, right?!
Aside from that I don’t have much to update on the pregnancy front. I think it’s crazy that we are going to appointments every 2 weeks now, I just now that will make the time between visits go even faster!
And she has now moved on to the size of a squash……

Baby's now the size of a squash!
Baby's energy is surging, thanks to white fat depositing beneath his skin. And since he's growing so fast (weight will triple by birth), things are getting kind of cramped in the womb. What all this means for you: Get ready for some more kicks and jabs to the ribs.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's great that you're at peace with whatever happens-natural or c-section. I wish I would have thought about the chance of a c-section a little more. I had a Doula, took classes, and planned on doing all-natural with no prior complications in my pregnancy..but Syrie had other plans, and I ended up having a c-section which was really hard for me. Looking back, I had the mind-set that I WAS having her natural and that really threw a wrench in "my plan" haha, I learned quickly that plans don't always work out how you want them to when it comes to giving birth. We kept our baby's name a secret too, and it was well worth it b/c everyone was so excited to hear once she was out. I can't wait to hear what name you all picked out:)

    ReplyDelete