Wednesday, June 29, 2011

the first mile

Well folks I did it - I completed my first post pregnancy run and it consisted of 1 whole mile! Wahoo (stated with slight saracasm)!


I was cleared to resume exercise at my 6 week check up last week and I am beyond thrilled. I have been counting down the days to when I could start back running in preparation to begin my half marathon training program in a few weeks. So today I hit the trails with Lily in tow and it felt great - even though I only made it a mile:) It so crazy when I think about the fact that just a short while ago I could go easily run 5-6 miles and how a mile would have seemed like nothing but as I've run each time this past week it's seemed like a huge accomplishment.  My plan is slow and steady. My official training starts at the end of July so I have 3-4 weeks to get to the point where I can run 3 miles - which is what's required to actually start the training - fingers crossed and lots of prayers that I will get there!


So you may see several posts regarding my journey back to fitness in the comings months. I have dropped almost all my pregnancy weight simply by breast feeding but I'd like to lose the last bit plus some! Jimmy and I invested in some workout equipment for the new house so I'm excited for that to get here and have it right in our own home - then there's no excuse not to do it, right?! We also bought P90X a couple months back that I'd like to do as well however, that may be an after the 1/2 marathon thing as it may be a bit much to do with the running.


Anyways - just a short post to remind myself in the future of how motivated I was to start back working out in full swing post baby!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on finishing your 1st mile, getting back into shape after having a baby is a lot of hard work...as you have already realized!:)

    ReplyDelete