Saturday, June 18, 2011

new house

Once again its been awhile but I have another good excuse - we are officially in our new house!


Last week Jimmy traveled to Springfield for a few days to meet the packing crew as they packed and loaded our house, while Lily and I stayed in Iowa to avoid the long drive and prepare for the arrival of our stuff in Iowa. We closed on our house on Wednesday night and we had the cleaning and paint crew waiting to get started! Wednesday night my mom, mother-in-law, and I got the whole house cleaned while Jimmy, my dad, and father-in-law painted the only room we plan to paint (for now) - Lily's room. Luckily we were painting pink over purple so it only took one coat. 


Our stuff from Springfield arrived on Thursday bright and early and everything was completely unloaded by 3 or so. My mother-in-law came over to help watch Lily and help get started unpacking while Jimmy and I helped "direct" the movers where to bring things. Both my parents came over after work and helped with more unpacking and watching Lily.  Yesterday was more of the same - it was just Jimmy and I but we got a lot of organizing done in the important rooms (kitchen, our room and bath, Lily's room) and completed one, of our sure to be many, Target runs.


I am quickly realizing that it's awesome having the extra help (family) so close and willing to dig in! 


The plan for today is to decorate. My mom is an awesome decorator and has helped me decorate every place I've lived so why stop now?! Jimmy and I got up bright and early to finish unpacking and get everything set out in terms of decor and my mom should be over shortly to get started. I've got lots of fun ideas for the space - a lot of it will mimic things we did in Springfield since I liked our place so much there but this is definitely a bigger house so we will get to do some new things too. 


So that's what we've been up to this past week. Lily has been awesome in terms of sleeping lots (so we can get lots done) and being content just laying around on her play mat or in her bouncy seat - I am so glad she is a good baby or this could have been much more difficult of a process!


That's all for now - have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see pictures of the new digs...and see it in person soon!:)

    ReplyDelete