Tuesday, July 19, 2011

main floor

I will slowly but surely get pictures of our new house up on here and today we will start by showing you the main floor.

I love love love the open floor plan of this house's main floor. I love the wood floors, the red furniture, and our rug. We currently spend quite a bit of time on the main floor since our basement furniture has not yet arrived but it's a great place to hangout as a family. Often times Jimmy will play with Lily while I cook dinner and I love that we can all be in the same space. We haven't utilized the back patio area really at all yet because either we've been too busy doing house stuff at night or it's been too darn hot! I still have high hopes for using our fire pit later this summer/early fall to indulge in some smore making!

Also since taking these pictures I have added some pillows to the furniture so they don't look quite as bare:). I paired some great pillows from Urban Outfitters that my sister has and I love with a few from Pier 1 as well. Why the heck are pillows so expensive?!

Anyways - here's your photo tour...next up, the upstairs - hopefully sometime yet this week.

view from the front door

when you look up in the entry way

the entry way

formal dining room


living room




informal eating area

patio

yard view

kitchen

1/2 bath

laundry room

5 comments:

  1. We need to come up for a visit sometime soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful house. I am anxious to see how those pillows look! Jacinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the red furniture with the rug...can't wait to see it in person next week!!!!!! Looks like a fantastic house and you have done a great job decorating, of course!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahoo! Pictures! Love the house, it is beautiful and you are doing a great job decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that a cornfield in your backyard? Neat!

    ReplyDelete