Wednesday, July 27, 2011

the upstairs

More house pictures today. All except 1 of the 5 bedrooms are upstairs in this house. The stairs have taken some getting used to since I was so accustom to our ranch style house in Springfield but they are growing on me. Something about Iowa just seems like you have to have an upstairs and a basement:) And I will say for having small child(ren) I do like this set up - having them right down the hall opposed to on the other side of the house is nice. But main floor laundry and carrying baskets up and down the steps with a baby is a pain in the neck.

Another great thing about this house is that we didn't have to do any painting other than Lily's room. The colors were neutral enough that they went with everything we had and although they may not be what I would chose, it's a heck of a lot easier to just use what they had. We will see - maybe painting will be a future project:)

Anyways - on to pictures.

lily's room


view over the hallway railing

guest room - right next to lily's

guest bathroom

home office

master bedroom


master bath

1 comment:

  1. Your house is beautiful, I'm so glad I got to see it in person! Miss you guys lots and lots!

    ReplyDelete