Tuesday, October 4, 2011

fall fashion

I've been on a bit of a fashion kick lately. Maybe it's because I feel in between in sizes - not quite fitting into my pre-pregnancy clothes yet I will not continue to wear maternity clothes however, I don't want to buy all new as I hope to be in my old clothes soon. I also feel somewhat in between in my stage of life - I feel like I can't dress like a college student yet I want to know what's trendy, and then even though I know I'm a mom I don't quite fit the mom trend of high waisted pants and snowman jumpers. I fit somewhere in the middle of all that and have struggled lately to find things that look good, feel good, and are yet in style and appropriate for my age, life stage, and size. So I challenged myself to take a picture of myself dressed and ready everyday for a while. I did this for a few reasons 1. because I wanted to force myself to get ready every day as I feel that is so important for someone that works from home and stays at home with a little one. and 2. because sometimes you just need to see yourself in something to know that it's time to part ways with something because it's either too big, too small, or just isn't cute any more:)


Well I thought I'd share those photos with you all in case some of you are feeling similarly. I'm not sure all of these are great outfits - in fact I know they aren't but I thought maybe it'd help some of you get some ideas too. Or maybe it's just my "therapy" to tell myself that I'm not alone in this "in between" phase and you can still look good while there! :)
light blue sweater with ruffles and dark wash jeans worn with camel riding boots

went to a triathalon this day - black nike pants, nike yellow dri fit & purple puffy vest with out of control hair :)
jeggings with dolman sleeve top worn with camel boots

black mock neck 3/4 length shirt with dark washed jeans worn with leopard print flats



jeggings with cream and white stripped hoddie worn with camel boots

jeggings with graphic printed top and short sleeved open cardigan worn with white gladiator sandals

You probably noticed a trend of dark denim and my jeggings. I'm loving jeggings with loose fitted tops and my boots so far this fall and I think dark denim is slimming so that's why I'm living in them these days :) I recently bought several varations of the open cardigan that I'm excited to wear this fall too!

3 comments:

  1. i sooo understand the dilemma, but think you ALWAYS look darling and have nothing to worry about. also, i didn't know half of the clothing terms you used. (gladiator sandals, mock whatever, etc.) i'm impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ARE a cute mama!!! And you always look adorable :) I know it's hard to believe that when in the "in between" place. I hear ya, sista! But, really... you do look so cute and trendy. Your hubby will appreciate you skipping the sweatpants and t-shirt look everyday (just don't tell my husband what you're doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are right...you are so darn cute!!!! I love the mock shirt outfit, really slimming on you!:) I want to see the camel riding boots (picture please)...I can only imagine how adorable they are too with all your ensembles. Your hair is really cute in all the pictures too!:)

    ReplyDelete