Friday, October 28, 2011

pinterest

My new obsession is pinterest. Do you have it? Seriously amazing. I had heard the buzz about it but wasn't sure what it was all about until I was in Springfield and staying with a friend who has it and showed me how to use it. There is some seriously fun ideas on there from style to DIY projects to foods to try - and I love them all! 

I've only been on pinterest for a little over a week and already tackled 3 little projects that I found on there. So I thought I would share them with you.

#1 Paper towel holder as a braclet stand - how clever and simple! I don't know how you organized your braclets but before this I had them piled in a basket and would have to sort through them every time I wanted to wear one. Hence why I wear a watch every day and a braclet maybe 50% of the time. So easy and handy.


#2 Ribbon organization ideas. Since I make hair bows I have lots of ribbon. Before finding these ideas I had my ribbon semi organized in wicker baskets but whenever i needed to find one it was always a tangle of other ribbon and rarely would I be able to keep it neat. Now look at it! Using a pants hanger that cost about 5 bucks and a few cheap storage containers - maybe 10 bucks total I have a much more organized ribbon collection. Not to mention how easy it will be to dispense the ribbon when I need it - love it!




#3 Homemade baby wipes. I hadn't really ever thought of making our own baby wipes honestly and the verdict is still out on whether or not I like them but I think it's a great idea and so easy! I took step by step pictures but you cut a paper towel roll in half, place 2 cups of water, 2 tbsp baby wash and 1 tbsp of baby oil in a container, mix it up, place your half roll in the container with the solution, turn it upside down to let the solution absorb into the paper towels, then remove the cardboard center of the paper towl roll to have it dispensable - and that's it! To me the wipes seem a little too wet and Lily's bum has seemed a little red since I started using them a few days ago so I'm not quite sure if I like them yet but I think it's a great idea and would love to continue using them if I make a few modifications.


cut paper towel roll and container


baby wash, baby oil and water solution
papertowel in solution

tip over to let absorb

take out center to create dispenser
So there's my pinterest projects thus far, I have a long to-do list and wish list compiling itself on my pinterest boards that I can't wait to dig into. I'll keep you updated on future projects. In fact, we are using a "Merry Christmas" banner for our family pictures this afternoon that I made after seeing an inspiring photo on pinterest. Fun stuff!

2 comments:

  1. I've been hearing lots of great things about pinterest as well. Think I should get off blogs and check it out right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been avoiding pinterest like the plague for fear that it will suck me in and I'll spend more time on the computer looking for ideas for the kids than actually doing stuff with my kids!!! :) Your projects look cool!

    ReplyDelete