Monday, November 14, 2011

projects

I've been working on a few projects lately. Pinterest, I'll tell you just gets my wheels turning! I also went to a craft fair a few weekends ago and found so many things that were so unique and cool but were so expensive. So I figured, why not figure out how to make them myself? Now of course I'll sell them to you if you are interested in buying them but I promise they won't be at craft fair prices - it's crazy how expensive some things are!


So here's what my creativity has been up to lately.


  • Tulle wreaths. This was something I saw at the craft fair and thought was so cute! They had some at a baby booth, with the intent that you would hang them in a kids room or nursery, and then I also saw them in a Christmas booth in Christmas colors with other Christmas decor. So I thought I'd give it a try and I must saw for my first one it turned out pretty good. The first one I did is in pink and black - I was thinking I'd use it for Christmas with a green bow but I don't think it looks too Christmasy so I may use it on Lily's door without the bow since her bedroom is pink and black! Thinking maybe I'll do one all pink and use the green bow for that.



  • New bow hanger. Lily's bow board was overflowing. She has tons of bows and I couldn't even see some of them because of the way I had them organized on her board and there was just too many! So I made her one of the bow hangers that I sell with her initial but experimented with a little bling this time and I like it - what do you think?
  • Vintage fabric bows. I've seen a variation of this bow in a number of places, including pinterest and the craft show and love them. I had bought the supplies to make these at Hobby Lobby a while back but just hadn't taken the time to do it, until now :) And I LOVE the finished product. I experimented with the number of pin wheels in a cluster and like the bunch of 3, 4, and 5 but I really like the flexibility to mix and match them. These seriously go with so many things in Lily's closet. I also think they look pretty good in big people's hair too - in fact my sister has already put in her order :)







So that's some of the creative things I've been up to lately - I love spending my time creating new things. I wish I had more time to do them, maybe someday.....:)

Let me know if you are interested in any of these things, I'd love to make them for you!

1 comment: