Wednesday, August 22, 2012

2012 State Fair

A few weeks ago we quickly decided to pack up and head to the state fair. Jimmy is suppose to be taking Fridays off until the baby comes due to his extensive travel earlier this summer which gives us a little more time than a usual weekend and it's been fun!

So it was a Friday with nothing on the calendar, I quickly packed up a bag, called my sister to see if we could stay the night, and come nap time we hit the road. Aren't those always the best trips - the unplanned ones?!

Well Lily definitely enjoyed herself! We knew she'd love looking at the animals and that she did! It's times like these that we wish she enjoyed her stroller a little more - stinker! But we made do by taking turns and letting her walk some as well.

We checked out the baby animal building, shared some cheese curds and a smoothie, hit up the big slide, stopped at each one of the big animal buildings, did some people watching, and then munched on some hot mini doughnuts on our way out of the park. It was a really nice day with a breeze and not too hot!
checking out the baby cow

wanting to touch the animals

jimmy and lily coming down the slide
I may have pushed it a little as I found myself struggling to make it back to the car with slightly swollen feet and an aching back :) but we wore out our little munchkin and enjoyed our day together as a family.

We then headed over to my sister's to stay the night and spend a little time with them. My sister is pregnant with their first baby and we are about 12 weeks apart which is really fun! We discovered we hadn't taken a dual belly picture yet so we had to be sure and do that this time!

me 34 weeks and jacinda 22 weeks


We enjoyed a pizza and Olympic watching night with them, hit up the farmers market in the morning, and then hit the road about nap time again and got home early Saturday afternoon. A fun, last minute trip that turned out to be a summer favorite!
our happy girl - 15 months

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE how Lily LOVES everything she does! I also LOVE those 2 pregnant bellies. Give me some baby!

    ReplyDelete