Wednesday, August 8, 2012

34 weeks

According to my original due date this week marks 34 weeks pregnant with little man. However, little man is estimated to weigh a pound, or more, than he should at this point and I'm measuring 2-3 weeks ahead of schedule both by measurement and ultrasound. So, they are telling me he will, most likely, be making his debut early or else we will discuss inducing me early due to size. So when people ask me how much longer what should be an easy response turns into well....a few more weeks. But, I KNOW they won't let me go past 39 weeks which means max amount of time I have left is just less than 5 weeks - woohoo! 

I am definitely ready to have this pregnancy over with and meet our precious son. This summer has been a hot one and my body is definitely ready for some relief! Lately I am just feeling weak, sore and achy. I am still going to my workout class a few times a week which if nothing else is good for stretching at this point. And I get my fair share of exercise carrying an extra 25-30 lbs of belly weight plus a 25 lb one year old up and down the stairs several times a day. So, needless to say, by the end of the day I am just worn out and tired. Which makes me even more thankful that Jimmy has been home the past couple weeks.

Nesting has settled in as well. It seems like I can't get enough to-do's knocked off my list and/or new projects coming out of the woodwork that just have to be completed before this baby arrives! :) While I like this productive stage that signals the end is near it's also a slight bit insane when running on a near empty tank.....However, Jimmy is in the final stages of completing a play area for kiddos in the basement, little man's room is completely ready, I have sorted and resorted his clothes for the next year of his life, I am wrapping up a modge podge project to accompany Lily's bare wall in her bedroom, I scrubbed baseboards throughout the whole house the other day, outdoor bushes are trimmed, the garage is organized, little man's baby book is started and Lily's is almost complete, we have agreed on a name!, and the list keeps going.....

Other than that we've just been laying low around the house - soaking in extra time with our baby girl as we know her world will drastically change in just a few weeks as well, and enjoying these last few weeks of summer together as a family!

And here's the ever growing belly......


No comments:

Post a Comment