Sunday, October 31, 2010

3 months + 1 week + 3 days

Today I am 13 weeks + 3 days  pregnant. I am officially out of the first trimester. I can’t believe it, I am already a third of the way to meeting our little pumpkin! I continue to feel great, nothing new on that end. Still battling those killer headaches every few days but nothing new. My cravings have subsided although I’ll still take some chocolate any time of the day, I have officially ate every peanut butter cup we had in our trick or treat bowl – oopsJ I continue to be amazed each week as I read about the things happening in my body and to our babe. I read this week that she now has her own set of fingerprints, crazy?! I pray that God will continue to keep baby healthy and me feeling good. Here’s part of one of the emails I get every week explaining the new developments and helping us comprehend his size. Keep growing little peachJ

Baby's now the size of a peach!
Your fetus is forming teeth and vocal cords...savor this, their nonfunctional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with his head now only one third the size of his body. And intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy -- much more convenient.


And here's a picturen taken this last week. I meant to take it at 12 weeks but missed it by a week and a few days, opps. As you can see I am growing. I feel like I am growing fast, but then again who is to say what's "fast" and what's "normal"? Enjoy, and I hope you enjoyed your little trick or treaters as much as we did. We kept thinking how crazy it is to think at this time next year we will have a little 5 month old babe!



13 weeks pregnant - taken Oct. 27, 2010

5 comments:

  1. Jenna, such a cute blog! I am so excited for you - parenthood is so great. So many people tell you before you become a parent how great it is, but it takes experiencing it yourself to see how awesome and rewarding it really is. Enjoy every moment and take care of yourself and that babe!
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna you look gorgeous -- love the baby bump!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see that little baby in Mommy's tummy! You look really good, so glad you're feeling well! Can't wait to see you at the end of the month...YAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've grown since I saw you a few weeks ago. That is good :) You look beautiful, Jenna. Glad you are this far. Hope the headaches go away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh I'm so excited! I may or may not have just teared up a little reading that. You guys will be such great parents, this little baby will be very blessed =]
    And P.S.. You look beautiful!
    Love you both very much and can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete