Tuesday, October 26, 2010

a list and a heartbeat

So Jimmy is in Europe traveling for 2 weeks for work and I’m hanging out alone at home. For some reason it feels so strange to be in our house alone and I don’t like it. I’m used to be alone. I lived alone for a couple years with seemingly no issues however now it just seems different. So, after a few days of Jimmy being away I decided to make a list of things to accomplish while he was gone. The list consists of the following:
Do some Christmas shopping
Deep clean the house
Organize the baby stuff
Get a massage
Start my blog
Start our baby registry (fully aware that this is super early but we are having a family baby shower at Thanksgiving so that my sister can be a part of it)
Make Shutterfly wedding books
Make more hairbows (I recently taught myself how to make hairbows instead of paying $10-15 bucks for each one at the boutiques)
So that’s my list and how many of these things do you think I’ve gotten done? 3. Why is it when you think you’ll have all the time in the world you end up feeling like you have less time? Now I still have 5 days to complete my list and I fully intend to knock a few more things off but for now I’ll joyfully cross off the 3 items I’ve completed; get a massage, start my blog, and start our baby registry.
On another note – I heard the baby’s heartbeat! I had an appointment last Friday and successful heard the little pumpkin’s beating heart. Seriously amazing. I can’t get over the fact that there is a human being growing inside of me. So strange. The heart beat was a strong 152 bpm and Jimmy was sad he missed it but the doctor assured me she’d do it again for him to hear next time. Our next appointment is the week before we head to IA for Thanksgiving and then our big ultrasound, where we find out the gender, is just after Thanksgiving on Dec 3rd – can’t wait! That is 5 weeks away and counting! As I’ve mentioned before I’ve had two distinctive dreams that it’s a boy and Jimmy has had one dream where the babe is a boy too, but my mom and Robin (MIL) said that all their daughters (5 between the two) had heartbeats in the 150s. I guess we will wait and see if I need to ramp up the hairbows or learn how to make hats or tiesJ
Lastly – say a few prayers for Jimmy. He is planning to end his trip in Saran and Paris France. If you watch the news or read the newspaper you have heard about the current fuel riots in France. So, needless to say, I’m a little worried. Pray that he will make it out safe and on time. He’s scheduled to get in on Sunday morning and I can’t wait to spend the day with him– 2 weeks is too long for this mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment