Thursday, April 5, 2012

16 weeks

Tuesday marked 16 weeks of pregnancy for me. Hard to believe that I am almost half way through this journey of pregnancy #2! The time seems to be going so much faster this time around - maybe it's because I spend half my days crawling around, playing with, and kissing on a sweet 11 month old instead of counting down the days of pregnancy! Isn't it funny how with your first you know EXACTLY how far along you are, like down to the day, but on your second and probably any there after you know about what week :) I don't think it's because you love little miracle growing inside your belly any less, it's just that you have other another sweet baby/s occupying your heart, thuughts, and life now.

So far this pregnancy has been good but different than my first. I have been more sick - nausea in both the mornings and night which I've found by eating smaller meals more frequently that has helped, a lot more tired, and I feel much bigger at this point than I was with Lily - which is probably also very common the second time around.

I felt baby move a few weeks ago already. I think it was a combination of knowing what it feels like and that classic night time stillness that actually allows your body to feel the life inside of you.

We have only had 1 appointment with our doctor at this point but have another one later this week. We will have the big ultrasound on May 1st which is when we will find out if it's another sweet girl or a new adventure of a baby boy! We really don't care either way. We know, God willing, we will have more so it really makes no difference. We just pray for a healthy sweet baby! I think it'd be fun to have another girl simply because they will be so close in age, 16 months, but of course a little boy would be just as precious!

So that's about it on the pregnancy front. I am feeling good and big :) and anxious to see our little peanut on the ultrasound again in a few weeks!

And here's a baby bump picture in all it's glory!


3 comments:

  1. Oh yes, there's that sweet little baby showing itself already!:) Can't wait to see him/her with my own eyes soon!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely experiencing some of the exact things you are Jenna! :) More sickness/tiredness, feeling baby move sooner, etc. And bigger sooner this time around for sure! We will be finding out what our little one is on May 1st too! Congrats again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look BEAUTIFUL, my precious Looney!! Everyday we are praying for new little baby boy/girl & Mommy too!! Love you to the moon & back with all the stardust in between!!

    ReplyDelete