Friday, April 20, 2012

summer bucket list

While I can't take credit for this idea I think it's fabulous and just had to share. Yesterday at MOPS we spent the day preparing for summer with our kids. We had "craft" stations where we made homemade play dough, bubble bags, colored pasta, and summer bucket lists.

The idea behind the summer bucket lists were to have plenty of ideas of things to do with your kids and/or as a family this summer in your community. I thought it was a great idea and while others used the poster board and markers to create their lists I decided to use the computer for mine :)  I use a weekly menu plan that was printed on computer paper and then put inside a frame which now acts as a dry erase board. So....I thought why not do the same thing with the bucket list. Create the list on the computer and then check each one off as we do them. To me that's easier than trying to find a place to hang a big poster board. Either way - CUTE idea!

And I must say for a small(ish) town our community has lots of great options for summer fun, lots that I wasn't even aware of until yesterday. So with my list all created we are ready to head into summer ! And those of you that live in the Cedar Valley I was told about a great website called macaronikids.com that shares local events taking place each day, in calendar format, and all activities listed are $15 or less so that may be another place to check out some fun ideas!

Here's a hypersnap photo of my list - which I had to tailor quite a bit for a 1 year old and 6+ month prego mama :)

2 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this idea! Thanks for sharing! Just signed up for macaronikid...they have it here too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited to share some these with you two!!! :)

    ReplyDelete