Wednesday, April 18, 2012

being a wife and mother

This little poem/story was shared last week at the MOPS group I go to and I thought it was such a good reminder, picture, blessing for any mom and wife that sometimes feels unappreciated or that she isn't quite enough.

Recently I learned that my part time job was going to be going back to a full time position at the beginning of August and although I was offered the opportunity to stay in the job and thus go back to full time employment I declined as I know that I do not want to go back to working full time while having small children. However, it's gotten my wheels turning as I'm not sure I'm ready to stay home full time either. So what other part time opportunities are available or is this God's calling for me to do something completely different? Needless to say the last few weeks I've been doing a lot of praying about what direction God wants me to go. I've struggled with the role of a mom full time and really enjoy the balance of a part time job so to me what I had was a perfect situation. However, I knew this was a good possibility and it didn't come as much of a surprise to Jimmy or I. The tough part now becomes what I do next and where God's sees me planted.

So this little poem was a perfect thing for me to read last week as my heart had been wrestling a little bit with where to go next. I still don't know what my future holds in terms of a work situation or if this is God's calling for me to stay home full time but we will see!

Continue On
A woman once fretted over the usefulness of her life.
She feared she was wasting her potential being a devoted wife and mother.
She wondered if the time and energy she invested in her husband and children would make a difference.

At times she got discouraged because so much of what she did seemed to go unnoticed and unappreciated.
"Is it worth it?" she often wondered.
"Is there something better that I could be doing with my time?"
It was during one of these moments of questioning that she heard the still small voice of her heavenly Father speak to her heart.

"You are a wife and mother because that is what I have called you to be.
Much of what you do is hidden from the public eye.
But I notice. Most of you give is done without remuneration.
But I am your reward.
Your husband cannot be the man I have called him to be without your support.
Your influence upon him is greater than you think and more powerful that you will ever know.
I bless him through your service and honor him through your love."

"Your children are precious to Me.
Even more precious than they are to you.
I have entrusted them to your care to raise for Me.
What you invest in them is an offering to Me.
You may never be in the public spotlight. But your obedience shines as a bright light before Me.
Continue on. Remember you are my servent. Do all to please Me."

The parts about what your husband is because of you was so powerful for me. I've never thought of our relationship that way because I know Jimmy respects, honors, loves, and adores me aside from anything I will ever do or be. But to see our relationship through God's intentions of me as a support for him and him not being who God called him to be without me was really eye opening.

I hope you enjoyed it and that you mommy's out there found you could relate as well :)

2 comments:

  1. Such a good reminder Jenna, thanks for sharing! Good luck with your decision making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, thanks for sharing...this is awesome! I will be praying for you guys as you make a decision as to what is best for you and your sweet little family! Love you all!:)

    ReplyDelete