Saturday, November 6, 2010

14 weeks

As of  Thursday I am 14 weeks pregnant. The weeks just seem to FLY by. Every week it seems my belly is becoming more proof to me that there is a babe growing inside of me. Less of my clothes are fitting like they used to and I discovered this week that none of my coats button!
This week my update told me the babe is the size of lemon or your fist. That seems so big compared to the olive and grape that he was just a few weeks ago! I can’t quite get over the fact that this is actually our reality and that in 6 months we will have our own baby! 
I plan to post a weekly update with a tid bid from the updates I get and a few sentences on how I’m feeling.
So here’s from my update this week:
Baby's now the size of a lemon!
Your adorable little fetus is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, (not so cute but equally amazing) making urine, and breathing amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys, and spleen continue to develop. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over her body for warmth.

On another pregnancy note, I found out last week that another friend is pregnant and I’m ecstatic! She is one of my very best friends and we are just 7 weeks apart! I have loved sharing this experience with my sister (due in Jan) and friend Bailey (due in Dec) and now I have another friend (due in June) to talk about all the things we are going through. So far our pregnancies have been quite different. Unfortunately she’s been terribly sick and I feel so bad for her, but it’s been fun talking about our plans for our children’s marriage in the futureJ and to have her ask me questions about things she’s experiencing. So happy for you guys and I can’t wait to continue this journey with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment