Thursday, November 18, 2010

16 weeks

Another week has passed and I’m another week pregnant. The highlight from this last week is that Jimmy got to hear the heartbeat for the first time on Tuesday! We had one of my 4 week appointments on Tuesday before we left Springfield and she used the Doppler to find the heart beat once again. Jimmy was in Europe when I heard it for the first time last appointment so this was his first. His face just lite up – it was so sweet! The heart beat was right about the same as last time 153 bpm and babe is still very low in my pelvis. I know I’ve felt baby kick now as I keep having the same feeling and it usually happens about the same time of day. It doesn’t really feel like flutters to me, as it’s been described, more of a swimming feeling or a caterpillar, if that makes senseJ
On another note of updates from this past week - I haven’t been looking at the scale as they weigh me each time because I don’t really want to know. I read in a book that if weight is something you have a hard time with, or dealt with in the past, that it’s ok to just turn around when they weigh you. If or when it is becoming a problem the doctor will talk to you about it. So I decided, having dealt with weight insecurities/issues in the past that I just wouldn’t look. However, Jimmy does look as I’m weighed each time and of course every time we leave the office I ask him if it was a lotJ I felt like I gained 10+ pounds in the first few weeks so I had expected to be “above the norm” at this point. However, when he looked at the nurses paper this time (he was in the restroom when they weighed me) and she showed him the nurse responded with, “she’s doing really good.” Which of course, put a smile on my face. So then of course I pried Jimmy a little more for a number once we got in the car and he told me it was less than 10 lbs. which makes me feel pretty good. I am hoping to gain 30 lbs or less throughout it all but honestly am not paying too much attention to what I eat, if it’s too much, or working out as much as I used to so we will see.
So that’s what’s been going on with pregnancy and baby thoughts this past week. I forgot to mention during my last post that while we are back in IA we will be having our first baby shower and I can’t wait. My older sister Kirsten is pregnant, due at the end of January, so if we didn’t do it while they were back for Thanksgiving she wouldn’t be able to help with it or attend. So this shower will be my side of the family and my mom’s friends and then I’ll have a shower with my friends and Jimmy’s side of the family later on this spring. So although it may be a bit early I can’t waitJ
Now onto avocado and eyelashes…..
Baby's now the size of an avocado!
Watch what you say...tiny bones forming in baby's ears mean she can now pick up your voice. A few more minuscule changes: Eyebrows, lashes, and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming.

No comments:

Post a Comment