Thursday, November 11, 2010

15 weeks

Once again I am blown away that another week has passed and we are 1 week further along in our journey to parenthood.
I am happy to report my headaches have gotten better. It seems they have gone from every other day or so to every few days or just a few times a week. Thank goodness! Although I have also learned that if this is I all I have to deal with I will be extremely thankful! Hearing horror stories of veracious veins to all day throwing up – thank goodness headaches is all God gave me to deal with this time aroundJ
I continue to struggle with the idea that I am actually pregnant. Besides my belly growing I’m not feeling much different and often times I have to remind myself to think twice before doing something because I am pregnant. Whether it’s lifting something really heavy or cleaning with strong product in an enclosed space, I just forget! I also find myself often thinking about how different our lives will be at this time next year. While Katie was here this past weekend we were talking about having strollers with babies in them at this time next year while shopping, and on Halloween I kept telling Jimmy how weird it is to think that we will have a little kiddo to dress up next year, and last time I was back in IA I was talking with my mom and sister about how strange it was that I’d be toting around a little one at the Des Moines Marathon next year – or I should say Jimmy will be since I plan to run itJ And now when I stay strange I mean that all in a good way but just hard to comprehend at times!
Something I haven’t documented yet but I want to mention for my own memory of looking back is Jimmy’s experience through this all. One thing that Jimmy does almost daily that I think is just precious is he talks to the baby. He does it usually at night when we are going to bed or sometimes in the morning while I’m standing at the mirror getting ready but he pulls up my shirt and put his head right on my belly, speaking very quietly to our little babe. I’ve only been able to hear him a few times and it’s the sweetest thing. He always gives her a few kisses and then puts my shirt back down. So sweet. It reminds me every time of the amazing father he will be to our little one.
Alrighty, that’s all for now. 15 weeks and counting and only 3 more weeks until we find out the gender – I can’t wait!
Here's a tid bit from today's weekly update.

Baby's now the size of a naval orange!Continuing the march toward normal proportions, baby's legs now out-measure his arms. And, finally, all four limbs have functional joints. Your fetus is squirming and wiggling like crazy down in the womb, though you probably can't feel the movements just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment