Monday, November 29, 2010

17 weeks

In light of Thanksgiving I forgot my 17 week post and I have yet to take my 4 month photo from 2 weeks ago. Oh well. Here is my 17 week thoughts and a photo to come later this week, hopefully.

I had my first baby shower last week, on Saturday and it seemed so surreal! As I opened the gifts and looked at the little clothes, blankets, high chair, books, etc. it was crazy to think that our little one will soon be using these things. My sisters gave me the shower and it was mostly family with a few family friends there as well. We had it at my parents house, which was really nice and it made for a great environment to just talk and spend some time together. We will still have 2 more baby showers later this spring, closer to when the babe arrives and I am already running out of space for the things we have!:)

So the baby shower was definitely the highlight of week 17. I had a couple rough days back in IA this last week, my head aches have definitely resorted to migraines, bad enough that they make me throw up and see spots. No fun at all! I'm hoping my doctor can either give me something for them or have some suggestions if they continue.

Something we are looking forward to this week......our ultrasound on Friday! I absolutely can't wait to see how much our baby has grown and find it if it's a he or a she!:) We will keep you posted.

Happy Monday.


Baby's now the size of an onion!Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. His umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes now feature one-of-a-kind prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment