Monday, November 8, 2010

weekend recap

We had a good weekend. It seems the weekends always go too fast and the list of items you had hoped to check off never quite gets complete. Never the less, we had visitors this weekend and we had a great time. I realized this morning that we didn’t take a single picture so no photos for this post, sorry!
Katie and Ty arrived late Friday night, we hungout for a bit talking and watching a little TV before heading to bed at a decent time.
Saturday I made us all some breakfast – an egg casserole and fruit, we ate and got ready and then hit the road. We loaded up the car and headed to Branson to do some shopping and golfing. We ladies got dropped off at the outlets while the guys headed to the golf course. Other than the busy stores and abundance of senior citizens (no idea where they all came) we enjoyed our shopping. I got quite a bit of Christmas shopping done, which is always nice, and found a few things for Jimmy and I as well. The guys seemed to have a good time golfing other than breaking a few rules. They picked us up and we headed down to the Branson Landing for dinner. My favorite restaurant in the area is there – a Mexican place called Cantina Laredo. So yummy! There is always a wait but we thought by going at about 5:45 we’d bet some of the crowd, I was wrong. After a 45 min wait we were seated and enjoyed our dinner, that place never disappoints and we always leave way too full! We then headed back to Springfield to catch a late showing of the movie “Due Date.” The movie was totally packed but the movie was hilarious and we enjoyed a few good laughs. After the movie we headed home, stayed up to chat for a while before heading to bed.
Sunday they wanted to hit the road early so we enjoyed some cinnamon rolls and football highlights and then they hit the road. It was sad to see them go as we love having guests but I was so glad they made the trip down and were able to see where we live and enjoy the weekend with us.
Once they hit the road Jimmy and I headed off to church. It was nice to be back, it seems like we’ve either been out of town or had something else going on lots of weekends lately and it felt good to be back at our church. After church we hit up our usual Sunday after church lunch spot, Buffalo Wild Wings and then headed to WalMart for a few things. I have been so antsy for Christmas this year. I can’t wait for Black Friday shopping with my family, I can’t wait to put up Christmas decorations and listen to Christmas music, and I can’t wait to go to the Bahamas (more to come on that later). So I was excited that I was able to convince Jimmy into purchasing our Christmas tree yesterday! We decided to do a fake one this year since we have lots of plans in December and won’t actually be home much. I am so so excited to start decorating our house. Probably since I haven’t been able to decorate the past 3 years or so because of my living situations, it seems I’ve either been in limbo between places, moving, or living with friends. So this year I will be decorating and I’m thinking of starting this weekJ! I was asking Jimmy what he thought we should do outside and of course he doesn’t care. I told him not to worry that I wasn’t planning on purchasing any blow ups (I’ll let Bailey take care of thoseJ) and our house would never look like thisJ!

So my plan for this week is to dig the decorations out the attic and start sorting through them – seeing what I want where and what I may need to purchase and to figure out how to decorate outdoors!
Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your blog with me! I look forward to keeping up with y'all here! Eric and I are super excited about the little Grovette you've got growing!!!

    We have seriously gotta try and get together...unfortunately, I think we're going to be in Georgia when y'all are in Iowa. :( I'm going to be looking at our calendar and talking with you though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds great. we will be in iowa from the 23rd to jan 1st or so, so maybe we can make something work?

    ReplyDelete