Monday, January 24, 2011

26 weeks

Yesterday marked 26 weeks, less than 100 days to go!
I started having Braxton Hicks contractions this past week which somehow makes the actual birthing experience so much more real to me. I didn’t know what it was the first few nights I experienced them but after talking to my sister and doing a little online research I confirmed that’s what is going on. They happen mostly at night although yesterday I felt them for most of the day. My stomach starts to hurt quite a bit and tighten, my stomach then gets really hard, and some swelling and “expanding” feels as if it’s happening elsewhere too….
I also decided that I will not watch any more birthing videos, unless they make me at class. I have watched one too many on youtube and they just freak me out. So this is my official vow to stop!
A new routine we’ve started is daddy time at night. Each night Jimmy talks to baby girl while we lay in bed and I swear every time he tells her “kick for Daddy” she does! He has also begun playing his guitar for her at night, which I think is just the sweetest thing – I think she likes itJ
Our next appointment is in 2 weeks – on the 8th and then we start going every 2 weeks, still so crazy to me!
Here’s an update on our little eggplantJ

Baby's now the size of an eggplant!
Baby's soaking up your antibodies, getting her immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and she'll soon be practicing the blink...perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes.

No comments:

Post a Comment