Thursday, January 20, 2011

weekend review

I had a great long weekend this past weekend. Isn’t it amazing what you can done with just 1 extra day?
Last week I mentioned that one of my closest friends was coming to town so that I was planning to spend the weekend with her and that I did. Her parents live 30 minutes or so outside of Springfield so we met up and spent most of our weekend out there. Friday afternoon Jimmy headed back to IA to get some work done on our vehicle and I stayed home. Friday night I headed over to Erica’s parents and enjoyed some yummy dinner and catching up with them. Saturday we got up early and hit the road to Branson for some outlet shopping. I found a few good buys but mostly enjoyed the day shopping with girls and a yummy lunch at my favorite Mexican place, Cantina Laredo – so good! We then headed back to her parents as we had invited her 2 cousins and sister in law, whom have also become friends of mine, over for dinner. We made a delicious dinner of salad, roasted potatoes, coconut chicken, and strawberry cake and enjoyed lots of laughs as we all caught up on each other’s lives. I think we scared Erica and Natalie away from getting pregnant anytime soonJ
Sunday we went to church then Erica and I ran to a few places in Springfield she wanted to check out before grabbing some lunch at McSaltys, grabbing some new spring colored ribbon at Michael’s for me to start my Spring bow collection (I'll post an update once pictures are up on my other site) and then lounged at my house for a few hours before taking her back to her parents place. My plan was to drop Erica off and head back to Springfield for the night but her mom twisted my arm into staying for dinner and then staying the night againJ
I made it home on Monday morning after a great weekend of catching up with such a good friend. Erica is one of the sweetest people you will ever meet, so kind, fun to be around, and someone I know I will always be friends with – wherever life takes us!
Monday at home I hit the gym and Sams club, then settled in for some bow making and awaited the arrival of my hubby. He got home pretty early so it was nice to spend the evening together doing nothing but snuggling up on the couch by the fire after a weekend apart. It’s crazy how much I miss this man after being away just a day or two.
This weekend also marked 25 weeks pregnant and I can’t believe I’m approaching the third trimester. Pregnancy update to come later this weekend.
Hope you enjoyed your long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment