Tuesday, January 4, 2011

top 10 of 2010

While I’m not one for resolutions I always like to spend some time at the end of each year and think about the things that happened that year. The things I felt I accomplished, the areas in which I improved, and those that I failed, and think about the coming year and my hopes and plans for it. So with that I give you the top 10 of my 2010 in chronological order.
1.   I married my best friend and my one true love on March 20, 2010. Everything leading up to the wedding was a blast and the day was everything I dreamed it would be (aside from the weather)! We then enjoyed an amazing 10 day honeymoon on the private island of Petite St Vincent, which was all planned in secret by my hubby. He did a fantastic job picking a place and planning our week!






2.   I moved to Springfield, MO to make a home with Jimmy after the wedding in late March early April. I have loved everything about living together and making our life as one. Our first year has truly been the best year of my life and I am so thankful for everything he does to provide me a safe and beautiful home, something I never want to take for granted!
3.   In May we traveled to North Carolina for one of my closet friends, Erica’s wedding. We enjoyed a weekend of wedding festivities and connecting with good friends. Jimmy and I were honored to be their musicians too as I sang and Jimmy played guitar for the wedding.
4.   We had lots of family and friends - Grover’s, Davis’,  Grandma Davis, Grandma and Grandpa Dieken, Jimmy’s friends - Todd, Court, Alex, and Mallory, Jimmy’s sisters and friends – Jena, Erica, Jalissa, and Jackie, and college best friend Katie and husband Ty -  visit over the summer and enjoyed tons of time on the lake with our new jet ski!


5. On August 24, 2010 (just 5 months after our wedding) we found out we were expecting our first child and soon after discovered I was 6 weeks pregnant.

6. In September we took a trip out to Denver, CO to visit my sister and brother in law and meet up with the rest of the Davis clan for a long weekend of camping and fun in the mountains. We also got to break the news that we were pregnant!




7. In October I watched my mom, sister, and brother in law run their first half marathon, the Des Moines ½ Marathon. While it was a bit hard for me to be watching instead of participating I was so proud of them for this accomplishment and it was fun being a spectator for once.




8. On December 3, 2010 we found out our baby is a little girl! Ever since that day everything has just seemed more real to me. From her daily kicks, to designing her nursery, to hanging up new clothes in her closest, I truly cannot believe I am having a baby. I am so blessed to have had a healthy and good pregnancy so far with a healthy baby girl growing each and every day.


9.    In late December we went to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic with the Grover clan and enjoyed 5 days of relaxing and sunshine.


10. Throughout the course of the year we made North Point church our new church home and have loved attending there when we can.

What a fantastic and life changing year 2010 was for Jimmy and I. I can’t even imagine how our lives will change this next year with an addition to our family and the many other things God has in store. I am excited and refreshed for the things that lie ahead and I hope you are too!


 

1 comment:

  1. WOW, what a year it's been for you! Can't wait to see how life changes for you in the next year...BIG changes coming!:)

    ReplyDelete