Monday, January 31, 2011

27 weeks

This is the final week of my second trimester!
I’m beginning to feel a little less comfortable on a daily basis and just over the weekend got some serious back pains –I’m not sure if that’s pregnancy back pain or I did something to it. I’m actually heading to the acupuncturist this afternoon to see if they can give me some relief! Other than my back I have noticed some little changes, like the size of my belly growing daily, the increasing struggling to put on my own socks or tie my own shoes, my discomfort and trouble sleeping, and heart burn! While I am my no means complaining as I am so very thankful I didn’t have these things sooner or experience other issues early on in my pregnancy, I hate to think of feeling this way for another 12 weeks! Thankful I have a husband who is overly concerned with my comfort, safety, and feelings that he tells me every day how beautiful I am, how much he loves my belly, and is now helping me with those hard to reach tasks I knew were inevitableJ
On another note – we got the rest of the furniture for the nursery this past weekend and I am so glad to have that done and have items that I love – I can’t wait to put together her room! Whenever I get nervous that there is too much zebra print and not enough pink, Jimmy reminds me that the walls will be pinkJ So we should have a good balance of the two! Her room will definitely be a little diva complete with a nursery chandelierJ I’ll be sure to post pictures once complete.
Other than that not much new on the pregnancy note. We still find it so hard to believe that I have a baby girl growing inside me and that in just a few months we will meet her and our lives will forever change. We also found out a few days ago that my best friend Katie is having a baby girl too so that is very exciting – another generation of best friendsJ
My weekly update says she’s still the size of an eggplant although my other one said a head of cauliflower. It also says my uterus is the size of a basketball which seems huge! Either way, here’s the little development update on our peanut.
Baby's lungs are going through some major developments these days, which (combined with the opening of previously plugged nostrils) means he's now able to practice inhaling and exhaling. The lack of air in your womb means every "breath" is filled with amniotic fluid, but hey -- it's progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment