Friday, January 14, 2011

favorite things

A friend of mine was telling me how every year for Christmas her mother in law does a favorite things package for all the girls – it might contain cleaning products, socks, food, etc. that were her favorite things throughout the year and I thought it was such a great idea. But, since I don’t have kids (yet) and Christmas just passed I thought I’d share some of my favorite thingsJ
In no particular order:
Chanel “Chance” Perfume – I absolutely love this Chanel scent and have for years. I used to only use it for special occasions as it’s a little pricey but now it tends to be my daily perfume.
“Kissing In Paris” body cream and body scrub & “Secret Wonderland” body cream – I got both of these scents for Christmas and LOVE them. I love the body scrub and lotion combo together from Victoria’s Secret and this “Secret Wonderland” scent from Bath and Body is just good.



Matrix Logics Age Revitalize Shampoo & Conditioner – the hair stylist I went to while I lived in North Carolina used this product and since then it’s been the only thing I’ll use. I have a hard time finding it in salons but order mine in the big jugs online.

Cover Girl & Olay Simply Ageless Serum Primer – I recently started using this primer before applying my daily make up and love it. I can really tell a difference in how fresh my make up still looks at the end of the day compared to before when I wasn’t using a primer. This one is relatively inexpensive and I can pick it up at Target, WalMart, etc. instead of making a special trip to the department or beauty store.

Bare Minerals – I have used Bare Minerals foundation, eye brightener (well-rested), bronzer, and mineral veil for the past 5+ years and never turned back. I love how light it feels on your face yet the full cover it provides, when needed. I also love that it has sunscreen in it.

String cheese – I love string cheese and have one almost every day. For me it’s a good, filling snack that is healthy too. I’ve tried lots of different string cheeses and must say I’m a bit particular about them. But since I’ve landed on this one I never stray and always buy this brand, Sargento.


Ugg Boots – I adore my Uggs. I got mine a few years ago for Christmas from Jimmy and live in them in the winter time. They keep my feet so warm and since my feet always tend to be cold it’s a good match.

Joe’s Jeans “The Muse” – my old jeans are amongst one of the few things I miss about not being pregnant. I love a pair of cute, comfortable, and stylish jeans and my Joe’s are the perfect fit. I also really like the pairs I have from White House Black Market.


Diet Coke – can’t live without it. Sad but true. During my first trimester my doctor suggested avoiding foods and drinks with aspartame so I gave up my beloved Diet Coke. But just this past week I’ve treated myself to a few and have been reminded just how much I love itJ

Dove Chocolates – no this is not just a pregnancy thing, my sister and I love love us some dove chocolates. I can very easily eat a half a bag in one sitting so I have to set out just a few and allow myself to snack on them throughout the day. Awww I wish I had some right now, oh wait, I do!

Coach – I think I’ve mentioned this obsession on here before but I have a thing for anything Coach. Call me high maintenance, vain, whatever – as I remind my husband after every purchase, it’s all about the quality. While I say that somewhat to gain a reaction from my husband I really do believe it. Coach stands behind their brand 100% - if you ever buy something and the seams, fabric, strap, whatever start to come apart, rip, etc. they will replace it, that’s it – easy enough, isn’t it?! PS – I can’t wait to use my Coach diaperbagJ I’ve contemplated using it as a laptop bag for work a few times but have been saving it up for little Miss’ arrival.


Pizza – my all time favorite food. While my favorite pizza chain is Pizza Hut – hand tossed cheese with extra cheese and breadsticks, my favorite local place is McSalty’s. I think I’ve mentioned it in my blog before but its pure goodness. They have this great wheat crust that is not too thin and not too thick and loaded with cheese. Yummy!


Asics Running Shoes – the thing I miss most about not being pregnant is being able to run for long periods of time without having to walk to slow my heart rate. When it comes to running shoes I don’t buy anything other than Asics. I have run 5 half marathons and 1 full marathon – all training and races have been completed in my trusty Asics. These are the ones I have right now.

Pure Beech Sateen Bed Sheets – I bought this brand of sheets when I got my first place out of college and now only buy them when it’s time to replace our sheets. They are the most comfortable sheets ever and whenever people visit they comment on them. We currently have them in brown but in the past have had the white and light blue – I love all the color options too, which tend to change slightly with the seasons. The only place I’ve found them is Bed, Bath & Beyond.

Jimmy – my absolute favorite thingJ
Alright – that’s all for now. What are some of your favorite things?






No comments:

Post a Comment