Sunday, April 3, 2011

36 weeks

This past week we spent some time on all the last minute details in preparation for birth day. My discomfort is growing and I just feel big. Often times I notice pain in hips/pelvis area which I read is due to everything “opening” up - which I suppose is a good thingJ My back has begun hurting again but the heat pad and a husband that’s willing to give me a rub down whenever needed seems to help subside it. Jimmy has been so good at rubbing my legs, back and feet almost every night when we lay down for bed – have I said enough how lucky I am to call that man my husband?!
My parents really wanted to come down one more time before baby girl joins the family so they came down Friday afternoon and stayed through the weekend. I was so glad they decided to come one more time before she’s here. We always have so much fun spending time with them and they were so much help this past weekend. Mom and I put the finishing touches on her nursery, made meals to keep in the freezer, packed our hospital bags, and the guys picked up our BOB stroller (which I already LOVE). So, it was a busy but productive weekend and we are so thankful they were willing to come down and help! They are well aware they may be turning right back around and heading our way again but we miss them alreadyJ!
Jimmy and I finished up the weekend with some yard work and time outside today – it was 85 degrees here! I am soaking up every minute I have alone with Jimmy as I know those times will soon be less and less!
We have an appointment on Tuesday and I’m anxious to see if I’m dilated or effaced at all. We will then be seeing our doctor weekly which still seems surreal – it will make each week go so fast and I will be anxious to hear about my progress, if any, each week!
So that’s what’s new this week….here’s our online update, which also said babe is about 6 lbs and 18 inches long now!
Baby's skin is getting smooth and soft, her gums are rigid, her liver and kidneys are in working order, and her circulation and immune system are basically good to go. Her lungs are the only organs that still need to fully mature, but every day she gets a little closer to breathing on her own.

1 comment:

  1. We had so much fun spending time with you & Jimmy!! I have to say baby girl's room has to be the cutest room I've ever seen- right down to the feathers on the lamp shade-the treasure we found:) Treasure the last few weeks together & get ready for the most beautiful journey you've ever been on:) As we drove away yesterday, your Dad said "this will be the last time we drive away & see just the 2 of them". We are praying for you, my Looney!! Momma loves you to the moon & back with all the stardust in between!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete