Wednesday, April 27, 2011

appointment update

Well we had another appointment yesterday afternoon and unfortunately didn't get great news but I'm trying to remain optimistic. Doctor said I'm dilated a little bit - maybe a "finger tip" or 1cm and still 60% effaced. During my exam she said she actually felt her head!

We discussed inducing and she said we'd be looking at an induction date of May 9th if she doesn't come before then. She really likes to let your body do its thing and allows you 7-9 days over your due date to do that. She definitely takes the conservative approach when it comes to doing things to help move things along and while I am so ready for her to be here I  know that that is what's best for our baby and my body. However, one of my concerns is her size and that she will continue to grow each day however, she assured me that this is not a concern of hers. She said all my measurements are normal and as she feels her outside my belly nothing tells her that she's bigger than she should be at this time. So, that's a good thing!

Other than that nothing new - we continue to pray daily for a healthy baby and safe delivery and trust that she will come when she is ready. As my dad says, this is just God's way of teaching me patient before she even arrives! Which, if you know me very well know that patience is definitely not one of my virtues:)

No comments:

Post a Comment