Sunday, April 17, 2011

38 weeks

We are now 2 weeks from our little girl’s due date and I am anxiously awaiting her arrival! My belly just feels heavy and low to sum things up. It seems I sleep well every other night meaning those days that I don’t sleep well are a bit tough.  I have wrapped things up at work and gotten them to a place where it should easy to hand things off. We hired a part time employee to take over parts of my job while I’m on maternity leave and I have spent the last 2 weeks training him. So, my stress level at work is low – which is great. Jimmy and I have gotten things to a place at home where we are ready to go as well, to the point where we are in wait mode. So, my stress at home is super low, which is also great. So I feel like we  just waiting.
Jimmy and I haven’t planned much on our weekends because we don’t know what each day will bring so we’ve definitely enjoyed this time together, even if it’s doing nothing at all.
This weekend we stayed in bed until 10am both mornings even though we were awake at 7:30 because we know that soon that will not be possible. Friday night we got Chinese takeout, made a blanket fort in the living room and snuggled up for a movie at home. Saturday we slept in before heading out to run a few errands, swung by a local outdoor music event, hit up an afternoon movie, and had dinner out. Then today we wrapped up our weekend with church, errands around the house, and an afternoon baseball game in the sun.
We really had a great weekend. I can’t help but wake up each day thinking that today may be the day that our lives will forever change. I am anxious for our appointment on Tuesday, if I make it until thenJ as my doctor will check me for the first time!
So, that’s all for now. I’ll leave you with the words from our baby update for this week and some 38 week pictures!
 The last bits of vernix caseosa (the white goo keeping baby's skin moist) and lanugo (downy hair) are slowly shedding into your amniotic fluid. Baby's head is about the same circumference as her abdomen, and her head could be covered in an inch or so of hair.
38 weeks - taken on Apr 17th, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment