Monday, April 18, 2011

surprise?!

Friday my coworkers decided to throw me a surprise baby shower complete with yummy punch, cake, and lots of gifts! They definitely caught me by surprise as I had no clue and they even got Jimmy in on it.
The story: Jimmy had put a lunch date on our calendars a few weeks ago while I didn’t think anything of it as we often will grab lunch together out of the office on a Friday. So Friday rolls around and we had a scheduled lunch for 12:30pm. The only problem is I usually eat lunch between 11 and 11:30am so when I noticed it wasn’t until later in the day I started bugging him about why we couldn’t go earlier. He fed me excuse after excuse about having different meetings and needing to finish something up, etc etc. So by the time 12:30 rolled around I was definitely ready for lunch. But, to my surprise – we weren’t going to lunch.
I met him at his desk and we were heading out of the office when he made a slight detour to the General Manager’s office. He opened the door to a flood of pink and full of people. This picture captures my surpriseJ

It was so sweet of our coworkers to put together something special for us and baby girl. I LOVED the cake, the punch was yummy, and they were too kind with all the gifts we received! Someone even snagged me a piece of pizza to curb my hungerJ

 It’s nice to know that the people we work with day in and day out care about us and our life outside of the office too. Jimmy and I have met some great people here and moving will definitely be bittersweet.




Wait – we’re moving?! More to come on that later this weekJ…………

4 comments:

  1. What a nice shower and that cake is too cute! I have to say that is not a very nice way to leave a blog hanging! You moving? Must. hear. more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way...Jimmy's looking rather slender. Has he lost some weight?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey toni - in short, jimmy has accepted a new job with deere that will be moving us back to cedar falls:)! more to come on that though!
    kirsten - yes he has, he started doing the P90X workouts and has really been watching his portions and what he's eating - i'll let him know you said that:)

    ReplyDelete