Sunday, April 10, 2011

37 weeks - FULL term!

I am officially full term! That is so excited for us. The chances for our baby to be born and live on her own have been better than the odds against her for quite a few weeks but the milestone of full term is one that is definitely exciting.
This weekend I really thought to myself “is this the last time Jimmy and I will go out as a family of 2?” We have spent a lot of time doing things with just the 2 of us to really enjoy this time we have left.
I cannot put into words the excitement I feel in my heart to meet our baby girl. She is so much a part of me and our lives already and we haven’t even met her. I know our lives will change forever the day she is born and I know that we cannot even comprehend how it will change but we can’t wait!
20 days until D day and as my latest status says my belly is definitely resembling a watermelon! I feel like she has “dropped” and I’ve noticed more contractions every day. They seem to be the strongest at night and mostly feel like the flu and my stomach gets really hard. It seems almost every other night I don’t sleep much due to crazy dreams, back aches, or just plain discomfort.
Little girl we are so ready to meet you – as each day passes I can’t help but wonder if today will be the day. God knows your birthday and until then we will wait anxiously for you!
Baby's now the size of a watermelon!
Your full-term (yay!) baby is gaining about 1/2 ounce a day and getting his first sticky poop (called meconium) ready. He's also brushing up on skills for the outside world: blinking, sucking, inhaling, exhaling, and gripping (it's getting strong!).

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you! Just wondering when she'd be arriving I remember for me was the most exciting thing before actual delivery! I can't wait to hear on fb that you've had her & the name..it'll be one of the best days of your life:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even believe you are 37 weeks already. Maybe she'll make her debut next week like both of my boys...here's to hopin!:)

    ReplyDelete