Friday, March 4, 2011

31 weeks

This post is a little late.
Sunday marked week 31. Every day and week my anticipation to meet our little girl grows. My dreams have become much more vivid – dreaming about what she will look like, how she will sleep, how Jimmy and I will be as her parents, etc. As our March calendar fills up the realization that she truly will be here before we know it is so exciting.
We have lots of to-do’s before she arrives and I’m most excited about getting her room put together. We have learned that we will not be moving prior to her arrival so it’s nice to finally know where we will be once she’s born. Now we just need to get going on things at homeJ This past weekend Jimmy and I made a shopping trip to the outlets in Branson to get little miss some final things. Lets just say Jimmy was excited and was throwing things in my “cart” left and right. I loved watching him pick out little clothes for her and picture him getting her dressed – he will be such a wonderful dad!
Quick story – I was ordering her a swimsuit online because no stores seem to carry them in 0-3 and 3-6months. I found this one on Gymboree and knew I had to have itJ So, being the good wife that I amJ, I showed it to Jimmy to get the ok before ordering. I also asked if I could get her the matching hat and he replied “well yes but then she has to have the flip flops.” I reminded him that she would be only a few months old during our pool outings this summer and therefore, didn’t need the $20 flip flopsJ He made a few additional comments about it being a complete set but I’m proud to say he didn’t persuade me to purchase the $20 flops. I just thought it was funny how he was the one doing the convincing instead of the usual other way aroundJ
After our shopping trip, and several cute outfits later, I got all her clothes washed, organized by size, folded in her dresser, hung in her closet, and her wardrobe is ready! Now just to pick out which outfits and bows to bring to the hospitalJ
Other than that we haven’t gotten much done in terms of her room. That’s on the to-do list for the coming weeks. We are still coming to a compromise on whether or not we will be painting and hanging her chandelier at this homeJ I promise to post pictures as soon as we get things going.
Things to come include a trip to Denver, CO this weekend, then a final trip back to IA to see family and have a baby shower thrown by my bff’s – can’t wait! And then we will be staying put, due to doctor’s orders, until little Miss makes her debut!
As for me, I’m feeling pretty good, all things considered. The discomfort is definitely getting worse but I seem to have found a few positions that aren’t too bad. My latest food craving has definitely been pizza. While it’s always been a favorite it’s borderline out of control these days. Poor Jimmy, it seems we’ve been ordering pizza almost twice a week lately! On another note, sadly I replaced my weddings rings with a fake this past week. My doctor strongly suggested doing so in the case that we have an emergency and can’t get it off on our own. I haven’t noticed my swelling getting much worse but staying about the same. I told Jimmy the other night that I felt my fingers are resembling little smokies or a package of hot dogs lately. But hey, I’ll take fat fingers and toes over puking and peeing my pants anyday (those may or may not be current symptoms of one of my pregnant friendsJ)
Picture to come next week as it will mark 8 months! As always, here’s the excerpt from my weekly pregnancy update.
Have a great weekend!
Baby's now the size of a squash!
Baby's going through major brain and nerve development these days. His irises now react to light, and all five senses are in working order. (He won't pick up anything from his nose until after birth, though -- smell is transferred through air, not amniotic fluid.)

1 comment: